October 2014 Moms
Options

My Birth Story! *UPDATE: PICS!*

NavyFlyerNavyFlyer member
edited September 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Okie doke here is the down and dirty!

I went to the Dr on Monday, was 1 cm, 90% effaced. Dr said I wouldn't make it through the week probably. I was 37 weeks that day.

Next morning I was awake at 0500 while DH was getting ready for work and was noticing contractions. They felt like menstrual cramp, vice my BH which were always in spots on the side and top. Timed a few for fun, they were 10-15 min apart. Told DH I had a feeling something was gonna go down. At 0630 I went to the bathroom and wiped a huge glob of bloody mucus. Bloody show!

Went to work. Unlike my BH, the early labor contractions never stopped no matter if I was sitting, walking, whatever. From the time they started to birth there was no let up. By noon I had gotten to the point where they were more "painful" than "uncomfortable". By this I mean I had to sit down and stop talking when I had one. At 2 pm they seemed more frequent so I decided to time. They were consistently 6 min apart! DH and I both left work and met at home. Dr wanted us to head to L&D since I was GBS positive and needed the antibiotics.

Got to hospital at 4 pm, was still 1-2 cm but contractions were strong and regular! At 10 pm I was 4 cm and felt I had made enough progress to get epidural. Heaven on earth!! After the epidural things sped up! Dr said it was because I was relaxed. At midnight I was 6 cm and water broke on its own. At 2 am I was 10 cm and ready to go! Dr got there at 2:45 and spent some time strategizing with my DH, who was going to deliver because he's a paramedic. They gowned up!

I pushed him out in 5 contractions. Halfway through he got a little stuck on my pelvic bone and heart rate dropped. The Dr stepped in and used suction for 1 contraction to guide him under the bone Then he let DH take over again. I had a 2nd degree episiotomy cut but didnt feel it.

He was born at 3:13 am! 5 lbs 6 oz, 37 weeks 3 days gestation. No health problems. We had a birth photographer so in about 6 weeks I will have a video to share :-)

Not sure if I can figure out how to add pics on mobile. I'll try in a reply post to this. If it doesnt work Ill post some when we go home.

Thanks so much for the T&Ps!!!

Update 9/20/14: We are home and doing well! Here are some sneak peak pics from my photog of DH delivering him :0). And one with me!

Re: My Birth Story! *UPDATE: PICS!*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"