January 2014 Moms
Options

What do you miss?

I know tomorrow is supposed to be the day we come up with new topics but I thought of this tonight and will forget it by tomorrow. Now that we are well into motherhood, what is something you miss from pre baby days? Something other than "free time" or sleep. I'd say I miss running. I used to get out 4-5 times a week but have been lucky to get out once a week lately. I'm hoping to get back to it but realistically with winter coming that probably won't happen. I hate winter running.

Re: What do you miss?

• Options
    Being able to just go to bed when I had a migraine! (Hurry home dh!!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    Being more impulsive. Deciding last minute to go out, or away for the weekend, or even just running into WAWA for a quick splurge. I now plan shopping trips on advance or limit myself to places with drive throughs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also miss being impulsive, baking and going to Zumba class. While I can go to class, I would give up the little time I have with DS before he goes to sleep at 7.
  • Options
    sehudson821sehudson821 member
    edited September 2014
    My pre-baby body

Running out to meet a friend anytime

Having days where I never have to get out of bed or off the couch

Eta: vomit free clothes!!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I miss how his dad and I were pre-baby, going on random vacations, staying out all night and not rushing through dinner or showers. I have days that I have a really hard time with my new life. I love LO to death, don't get me wrong but I loved and dearly miss my 30 pre-baby years. But when I see that little smiling face so happy to see me, eating dinner a little faster and getting a fraction of the sleep that I used to is completely worth it.
  • Options
    The ability to do nothing...all day! I can't drink. I get drunk after half a beer and then I cant do anything and baby doesn't like that. Eating with two hands or if I get to eat with two hands not having to eat quickly. But there is so much I love now!! I love being with Abby and one of those people that if Abby can't go, I don't really want to go either.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    GoldivaGoldiva member
    edited September 2014
    @BABYROSEJEANS17‌ Ditto on Zumba and why I dont go. Used to go 4 days a wk til 7 Mos preggo
  • Options
    Going out with the girls and date nights.
  • Options
    I miss college and being irresponsible. I drove by my school the other day and thought about my fun times in the dorms, all the stupid stuff I did. I thought to myself that it would be nice to have just one crazy night out.

Also to add I would not trade my peanut for the world.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited September 2014
    I have many but a lot were said before like sleeping whenever I want etc...
    I miss being able to spend more time with my fur babies. I feel like I have no time for them and it's sad. We do go for family walks etc. but it's just not the same. DS comes first now.
    The one thing I miss the most is being able to go out with DH whenever we want, but honestly this can be solved by finding a babysitter, you know someone to watch DS just for a few hours so we can have some alone time. It's tough too cause all of our family is 5 hours away, so it's tough.
    Edit:hit post to early. Furbabies meaning 2 dogs
  • Options
    Being able to dress more like how I want. Now I'm just too lazy and worried that if I wear something nice or edgey (I love spikes and studs) I'm worried it'll get ruined or hurt bb girl.
    Also, wearing heels.
  • Options
    @Goldiva‌ You're a good woman! After I was 4 months along I couldn't catch my breath during the routines. That's because I only go HARD and modify isn't in my vocabulary. I have the Wii games and hoping I can do it at home. Says the girl eating cookies and milk.
  • Options
    karah4816karah4816 member
    edited September 2014
    Baking bread. I love to bake bread and I used to make all our bread myself but I haven't baked a single loaf since they were born.

Being able to work out. I hate exercising but I seriously need to lose like 20 lbs

Rum and diet cokes with my husband, getting silly drunk and having hot sex.

But they're worth it all and more

imageimage

• Options
    Since having kids I miss:
    Peeing alone
    Not sharing my drink 
    Having spur of the moment sex
    Sleeping in

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    having a relaxing dinner with DH. H is always super cranky by dinner time so we just rush through it while trying to keep her happy.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    It's hard for me to answer because I was in high school and still living with my parents when I had my first who is now 6. So I went from being a child who had to answer to her parents to being a parent who had to answer to her child. So most of the things yall are saying I wasn't able to do prebaby anyway. If I had to say something it's probably going somewhere without a plan! God I miss that.
  • Options
    Yoga, my cute fall dresses (which are not breastfeeding/pump friendly), and the option of having a lazy day. I used to love lazy weekend days when DH and I would sleep in, go out for a long brunch, browse downtown, come home and snuggle up with a movie, etc.
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • Options
    I miss being able to do what I wanted when I wanted to. I miss sleeping, watching movies all day, being able to shower alone. I also miss my old body, I'm not used to this new womanly shape.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options

I miss sleep. I miss being able to randomly go with DH to our favorite bar for dinner and then stumbling home.

• Options
    I miss being able to sleep in on the weekends and just having lazy weekend afternoons of watching movies or catching up on the DVR.
  • Options
    I thought of another one! My memory! I feel like I can't remember crap ever since i had DD.
  • Options
    Ahhh this thread reminded me of all the things I miss so much! I miss the usual sleep, going to the bathroom alone, showering when I feel like it, dinners out, etc. Lately, I miss not feeling guilty when I eat. My DS makes me feel so bad if I'm eating something that he can't have.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"