Infertility
Options

Why do some RE's prescribe AM and PM doses of stims?

przemosbabeprzemosbabe member
edited October 2014 in Infertility
My RE does not do, but I see this a lot and I am wondering what the purpose of this is just out of sheer nosiness lol. But really what differnce dose the am and pm dosing make? Does anyone know? Also, why do some REs raise a woman's dose of drugs halfway though the cycle? I thought that after you are on stims for 5/6 days already that you can't really get more eggs growing, that you can pretty much only grow the ones that are already there. Thanks ladies 

Re: Why do some RE's prescribe AM and PM doses of stims?

• Options
    My 1st RE told me that I could do shots whenever as long as it was at a consistent time every day.  My new RE said to do the shots in the evening, that way they can adjust the dose or tell me to trigger as soon as they get the blood work in for the day.  

My 1st cycle the doses changed several times.  I had a lot of follicles but they were growing at an inconsistent rate.  I had a handful of lead follicles and a bunch of smaller ones..  So the higher doses were to try to get them to grow and mature not to actually recruit more follicles.  
    Melissa - 36   DH - 42
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PCOS, MTHFR, MFI
    TTC # 1 4+years
    6 months Clomid/Unmonitored TI with GYN
    1st RE visit Jan'11
    7 Clomid IUI's 3/11-3/12 - 4 with DS
    8/11 Clomid/IUI/DS - BFP!  MMC 8 weeks D&C 10/11
    4/12 Moving on to IVF!
    8/12 IVF/ICSI 16R/6M/5F 5DT of 2 blasts, froze 1 BFP! Heart beat at 7wk us! MMC 9 weeks D&C 10/12
    1/13 FET Transferred our 1 frozen blast - BFN
    6/13 IVF/ICSI 27R/17M/7F 3DT 2 embryos, froze 1 hatching blast - BFN  
    11/14 IVF 33R/28M/20F (12/16F DH/ICSI, 8/12F DS/Natural) - 5dt of 2 morulas - BFP! 
                   Beta 1 12dp5dt - 162
                   Beta 2 15dp5dt - 414  
    image  image
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    On MDL, my RE had me doing Gonal F in the AM and Menopur in the PM.  When I was on antagonist, I did everything in the evening.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"