Infertility
Options

Prescribed too much!! Does it make sense to hold on to all of it?

I know the doc had no idea how much I would need for my cycle, but now I have leftovers! And of course they weren't cheap! My company stopped covering ivf this year so everything has been out of pocket. I have given 11 years to my company and now when I need it.... Nope! Ha! Story of my life! I bought 5 ganirelix at 120 a piece and didn't need any of them! I also have extra menopur and bravelle. I had my ER a week ago and froze 7 eggs! I will be hopefully going through the ET in the next 3-4 months. My question for the board.... If the ET doesn't work and I need to go through ER again, is the protocol usually the same? If I didn't need ganirelix my first time around, would it be possible I wouldn't need it the second time? I know somebody that can use the meds but I don't want to get rid of them now if I will need them in a few months!! She would need them like now! I don't know what to do!!

Re: Prescribed too much!! Does it make sense to hold on to all of it?

• Options
    Maybe ask your nurse/doctor what they routinely do if a repeat is needed? I'd start there. GL!
    ****Signature warning Losses Mentioned****

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 07/01/2004 ~ EDD 03/10/2005 ~ 
    D&C 8/1/2004 @ 5w5d
    BFP#2 12/27/10 ~ EDD 9/06/2011 ~ DS born 08/14/11 via c-section, passed away 10/17/11
    BFP#3 09/07/12 ~ EDD 5/09/2013 ~ DS born 01/30/13 survived for 2 hrs
    08/06/14 Waiting for 1st IVF cycle to begin

IVF#1: started stims 9/15; trigger 9/24; ET 9/26-5R 5M, 5F. 3 biopsied for PGD

image           image

• Options
    If the meds don't expire for a while, hold on to them.  If they will expire soon, consider donating them to the OOP program to help others.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sigh202 said:
    If the meds don't expire for a while, hold on to them.  If they will expire soon, consider donating them to the OOP program to help others.
    This.  Most of the meds I have gotten have an expiration date a year away.  I actually have 300 IU of follistim and some menopur from my last IVF in January that I will be using during my IVF in November.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Thanks all! I wish I knew all of this before I started. I just went with what the doc prescribed because I didn't know any other way. I definitely want to help out my friend so I will see how it all pans out. Maybe it is best that I don't hang on to it. Gotta think positive that I won't need them again!! :)
  • Options
    For my first cycle me RE prescribed too much, but in the end I needed to cancel and then changed protocols, so there were some things, like ganarelix, that i didn't even need. I held onto everything until after my last cycle because their expiry was 2015 and 2016, but after the outcome of the cycle and having 5 blastocyst frozen, DH and I agreed that we would not be doing another fresh cycle.

At that point I chose to donate everything that I had left. No need for me to keep hold of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"