2nd Trimester
Options

26 weeks and she's getting ready HELP

Ok so I'm 26 weeks with my second child. My first came early but only a few weeks. This time she's moving down really low. It's wayyyyyy to early to have her. I'm trying to do everything to avoid causing labor. I've read about all sorts of things that send you into labor but not sure what's true and what not. But I am not ready to have her yet. I know with my son I had some spicy food and a few hours later I started with labor. Not sure if that's what caused my early labor or not with him but not chancing it again this time a round.

Re: 26 weeks and she's getting ready HELP

• Options
    I have an she's the one said I won't make it full term. And to take it easy she told me a few things to avoid I just wanna make sure I avoid everything possible. I need to make it to at least 36 weeks hopefully so she's at least developed mostly. My dr said there's a lot of old wives tales but to avoid excersizing, teas, and any oils.
  • Options

Are you having contractions? If yes, please go to the emergency room.

Also, why does your OB think you won't make it to term?  They really have no idea.

My OB said that to me as well, but that was because I went into labor at 33 weeks and it was sucessfully stopped with medication and a short hospital stay.  I carried to 38w 5d with no other intervention.

Good luck.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    not understanding all this bc of what everyone else has said but IF you go in to preterm labor and your water hasn't broke, there are meds to stop the labor.  I was on meds every four hours from 30 weeks to 35 weeks with my first.  My midwife took me off the meds at 35 weeks and within hours, I was in full labor...there's a whole back story to my situation that isn't relevant but they can do stuff to make this baby wait.  IMO...I'm not a nurse though...or a doctor for that matter.  If your doctor is blowing you off, you need someone different.  You deserve better care than that and so does your baby.
  • Options
    What is your doctor basing her idea that you won't possibly make it to term? Just the fact that your first child was a few weeks early?

Spicy food did not cause pre-term labor with your son. No amount of exercising, teas, or oils will cause labor at 26 weeks and nothing is really proven to truly cause labor even past the due date (other than meds). If you are not having contractions, you are not in labor. Your baby has probably just settled head down, as most do near the start of the 3rd trimester. Like Kylie said - babies move and some days it feels low and others high. Totally normal. Nothing in your OP would lead me to think anything unusual was going on. 

Please get a second opinion. Your doctor sounds like a quack. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I went into preterm labor with my son at 26 weeks. Trust me, you  would know. I had contractions for 4 hours at work before I went to the hospital (FTM stupidity). I had to stay a could days because my fetal fibronectin test came out positive and I was put on magnesium to stop the contractions. I was put on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. I ended up needing to be induced one day after my due date. If you are really worried then go to the doctor. If you aren't having contractions then I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    She said my daughters moving down and cervix is getting soft. Which I guess is not suppose to happen for a little bit longer. That's why she's thinking I'm not going to make it full term. So she's trying to keep me on bed rest.
  • Options
    I'd also be getting a second opinion. Baby still has a lot of room to move so her being low isn't that uncommon. As for your cervix, if it were truly effacing and dilating I would think shed do more than simply "try" to put you on bed rest. I do hope you're not actually experiencing pre term labor, but things here just don't make much sense.
  • Options
    mwilson721mwilson721 member
    edited September 2014

not understanding all this bc of what everyone else has said but IF you go in to preterm labor and your water hasn't broke, there are meds to stop the labor.  I was on meds every four hours from 30 weeks to 35 weeks with my first.  My midwife took me off the meds at 35 weeks and within hours, I was in full labor...there's a whole back story to my situation that isn't relevant but they can do stuff to make this baby wait.  IMO...I'm not a nurse though...or a doctor for that matter.  If your doctor is blowing you off, you need someone different.  You deserve better care than that and so does your baby.

If you don't mind can I know why you went into preterm labor? @nikkitaplin‌
  • Options
    Is your doctor even a doctor? Or is it a midwife or doula? Does not make sense at all. If you cervix was a concern then there would other conversations and tests to measure your cervical length via ultrasound to make sure. Just does not seem your "doctor" is doing things following a science based and study proven approach...

I would be finding someone else...someone who is more proactive in finding what the real problem is if you are in fact in early labor and can give uou more of an explanation.
  • Options
    If your OB is basing your pregnancy off of OWT's, I think it's time to find a new OB.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would really get a second opinion.  Your doc can easily check your cervix via ultrasound and if you're truly in danger of going into PTL, you should be on meds or in the hospital or on strict bed rest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"