LGBT Parenting
Options

Update on me... (kinda long)

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement, thoughts, and prayers. It was greatly appreciated and I have found great comfort in them.

I have updates!!!!!

This part is update/rant...

As many of you know, a couple weeks ago I had the HSG done and was told that both of my tubes were blocked and that the IUI would most likely not work and that I should consider moving on to IVF which is not financially feasible. I was crushed and unsure of how to move forward. About a week and a half after that we had our "What's Next?" appt. (Here comes the rant) The doctor proceeded to tell me that my tubes were not in fact blocked but just more narrow in some areas. I almost lost my composure. On one hand, I am so thankful that this isn't the end of the road. On the other hand, what kind of doctor tells someone something so disheartening and then after a WEEK take it back and then tells you its a good thing. I just spent a week and a half bawling my eyes out and thinking I was defective or something!!!!!!

The doctor wanted to move forward with the IUI. I was now terrified as all hell to move forward because of course I had googled all the things that could happen after doing an IUI with blocked tubes. So terrified that I considered not moving forward at all. My DW is supportive of my feelings but I don't think she really understands how devastated I was..

In the end, we decided to continue with the IUI process. I had my mid cycle u/s yesterday, nothing growing on the right but there were 2 good sized follicles in the left ovary. I was instructed to do the trigger shot last night and the IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I have prayed about it and I have to believe that something good is waiting at the end of this journey. I am cautiously hopeful, wishing for the best but preparing for the worst. We have decided not to tell anyone in our families, I don't want to have to discuss it with everyone if its a BFN.

Sorry for the long post but since we aren't telling family I have a lot on my mind.

Re: Update on me... (kinda long)

• Options
    Sending you good thoughts and vibes for your iui.

I don't know what I would have done if I was given terrible news waited and had to deal with thay for a week to find out it isn't exactly what you were told I give your credit for handling so well with your doctor.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened.  I honestly think that many health professionals (and I work in an administrative position in Healthcare) just become desensitized to the emotions experienced by their patients.  It's a big focus for my organization to support the care team in staying connected to the patient experience.  If you feel comfortable sharing your experience with your clinic at some point, I think it would be valuable for them (and perhaps healing for you).

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you are moving forward, and I'll be looking for updates and cheering you on!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh my goodness, what a rollercoaster for you!

I am so sorry that you have had to go through so much already (before even truly starting!), but hopeful that you have a smooth journey from here on out.

Good luck with your IUI tomorrow. Keep us posted! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    That is definitely not an experience I hope you ever have to go through again, but I am glad it turned out positive in the end.  I wish you the absolute best of luck and am sending positivity your way.  FX!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. How ridiculous that it took so long to discuss the results of the HSG. I'm glad you could proceed with with IUI! I hope this cycle is successful!

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    I'm sorry you've had this stress. Best wishes on your upcoming IUI. Keep us posted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of it.  Sending magic baby sprinkles your way :)>-
  • Options
    JGY said:

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened.  I honestly think that many health professionals (and I work in an administrative position in Healthcare) just become desensitized to the emotions experienced by their patients.  It's a big focus for my organization to support the care team in staying connected to the patient experience.  If you feel comfortable sharing your experience with your clinic at some point, I think it would be valuable for them (and perhaps healing for you).

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you are moving forward, and I'll be looking for updates and cheering you on!

I work in the medical field as well and its definitely wierd to be the patient recieving news vs the provider delivering it. Its hard to recieve such horrible news and then have someone take it back and expect you to just roll with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"