Single Parents
Options

*chirp chirp*

Where are all the regulars at??  I come on here every morning and there's like nothing going on!

Let's go, ladies! And lurkers of either gender! 

Maybe some GTKY stuff?

Favorite workout routine:

Favorite genre of movie:

Favorite rainy day activity:

Answers!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: *chirp chirp*

• Options
    Favorite workout routine:  Pilates  the gym I go to has a great Pilates instructor and it's really fun

Favorite genre of movie: Action/Comedy, Horror/Comedy

Favorite rainy day activity: Museums!  There are 3 really awesome museums and an aquarium lumped together near where I live.  One of them has a new exhibit up that I'm just wanting to see so badly!
  • Options
    Favorite workout: Zumba! When I was still living in MA a friend of mine and I would go every week and it was awesome. I miss those days.

Favorite genre of movie: I don't really have one. I love most independent cinema and documentaries.

Favorite rainy day activity: Sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Favorite workout routine: I sadly don't have one, maybe I'll find one when I (hopefully) get my energy back this trimester.
    Favorite genre of movie: Anything Horror!! Love it, can't live without it!!

Favorite rainy day activity: Cooking (I love to cook) or Writing.
    Joelene (33)
    Momma to Dominic-Michael Lee (05/25/2001)Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Expecting David Matthew Charles (02/23/2015)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Favorite workout routine: =))  Does chasing my toddler around count??

Favorite genre of movie:  Used to be horror but they all seem so lame and predictable anymore.  Probably action or comedy.

Favorite rainy day activity:  Hrm.  Shopping maybe.  I apparently need to get better at this one for soon I'll hear the whining about how "I'm sooo booooored, mooooom!"

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  My new boss actually makes me work.  There is good and bad to that.  Plus I've been pretty busy lately with the whole BD thing (which there are still issues about according to the detective who called me yesterday.  ARGH!) and volunteering at the animal shelter when I can squeeze out some DD-free time.

• Options
    Favorite workout: Zumba! When I was still living in MA a friend of mine and I would go every week and it was awesome. I miss those days.
    Zumba!  I was thinking about taking a Zumba class but I can never find anyone to embarrass themselves with me!  And I'd rather not go alone, haha

JoJoPlus2 said:
    Favorite rainy day activity: Cooking (I love to cook) or Writing.
    Ooh, I love to cook too!  We have a recipe thread, feel free to contribute some of your favorites!

tig594 said:
    Favorite workout routine: =))  Does chasing my toddler around count??

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  My new boss actually makes me work.  There is good and bad to that.  Plus I've been pretty busy lately with the whole BD thing (which there are still issues about according to the detective who called me yesterday.  ARGH!) and volunteering at the animal shelter when I can squeeze out some DD-free time.

1) Chasing a toddler counts. It's physical activity... hahaha =))
    2) What other issues could there possibly be?! 
  • Options
    Favorite workout routine: Wut?

Favorite genre of movie: scary

Favorite rainy day activity: shopping!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Favorite workout routine: Running! I can't wait to get back to it after I have this baby. And my jogging stroller was purchased off my registry last night. WIN!

Favorite genre of movie: Definitely a romantic comedy girl but I also love drama. And movies that are based on true stories, too.

Favorite rainy day activity: Laying in bed and watching movies/tv
  • Options
    Favorite workout: running although I was just building base before I got pregnant. I was up to about 2 miles. I'm excited to start over in 6 months :-)

Favorite movie genre: hmmmm I don't know. I like independents and documentaries but I love a good chick flick too.

Favorite rainy day activity: sleeping.... All the naps I can get :-)
  • Options
    I know, I've been wondering WTF is going on here. Sucks. Y'all are my support system since I don't have many friends around here and no single mom friends. HATE IT!

Workout - Zumba
    Movie - Rom Com, Action, or Drama
    Rainy Day - Before DD it would probably be sex. Now, sleep.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    I love bikram yoga. I still do it 2-3 times a week now. Keeps me sane..
  • Options
    Love Halloween time for the horror movies.. eekkk.. it's fun to get scared...
  • Options
    lurchbaby said:
    Favorite workout: Yoga and I just started Couch 2 5k and i love. I don't feel like dying at the end and feel like i accomplished something when the voice tells me to begin cool down. It's wonderful. 
    Tell me more about this "couch 2 5k" business...
  • Options
    lurchbaby said:
    Favorite workout: Yoga and I just started Couch 2 5k and i love. I don't feel like dying at the end and feel like i accomplished something when the voice tells me to begin cool down. It's wonderful. 
    Tell me more about this "couch 2 5k" business...
    I did Couch 2 5k 3 years ago and I kid you not, it's what ignited my love for running. I've done several 5ks since then. It's basically a slow progression from walking with short bursts of running to full on running for 30 minutes straight over a 9 week period. It adds more running each week -- like week 1, you do 2 minutes walking, 1 minute running and alternate that for 30 mins...week 2 is like 90 seconds running, 2 mins walking (I forget the exact routine now...but it's something like that)...so on and so forth. It's GREAT.

There are free apps for the iphone that will tell you when to switch from walking to running while you listen to your own music too :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    I need a jogging stroller for this.  Where's one on the cheap?! Craigslist! I need you!
  • Options
    Couch to 5k is awesome.

I got a jogging stroller for $40 on one of those FB garage sale groups. It is awesome. I hope you find one @20thirteen‌.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    Workout: say wut?
    I go through spurts. I worked with a trainer 5 times and loved it. Haven't been back since.
    Movies: chick flick, based on real life
    Rainy day: watching bravo on the couch. Real housewives of everywhere marathons! But alas, now it's sprout or nick jr. these days
  • Options
    Haha, you gotta be careful with "based on a true story" movies.  There's this POS movie called Wolf Creek where it's "based on a true story" and 2 of the 3 in the group were never found.  However, those 2 (who were women, btw) were the main focal point in the film.  All the torture and horror of what they went through that was depicted was all made up because they were never found and the 3rd person, a dude, who was the sole survivor of a camping trip, never actually knew what happened to the women.  It's a little over an hour and a half and all of maybe 10 min of the movie focused on the dude's escape from the "mad bushman".  Rest of the movie... Horseshit. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"