September 2014 Moms
Options

39 weeks - Measuring small & Not engaged

Hi all,
So yes 39 weeks today, 1 week to go until due date.

Had my 38 week (at 38+6) Midwife appointment yesterday. I was measuring 34cm.

(At 37 weeks I was measuring 32cm. We had a growth scan, which all was normal.)

So they want to send me for another growth scan! Has this happened to anyone? Why would I need two? Surely if the last was ok only 2 weeks ago the baby should be fine?

Also we're not engaged yet. Midwife could totally move baby's head. At least it's head down but anyone else in this situ?
And it moves a lot! Yesterday it's back was against my right side, looking sideways, bum by my ribs. Today it's on my right side. And stretching right across the abdomen.

Does anyone else get this?

Oh and this was baby Saturday.... Looking transverse! MW says if it does it again to ring up asap.

Re: 39 weeks - Measuring small & Not engaged

• Options
    I would just trust your midwife? If she had a reason to order another growth scan, I'm sure it's viable. Maybe you could try simply asking her what she wants another one for?

• Options
    I measured 34 weeks at my 39 week appointment, and my baby was 7lbs 12oz when she was born at 39w5d. Last time, I measured 35 weeks at my 40 week appointment, but my son was a full pound smaller when he was born at 40w6d.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks girls, think tiredness makes it play on your mind too!
    Scan booked for Friday, shall see how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"