Babies: 3 - 6 Months

switching formulas

My son in 3 months and I currently have him on Enfamil Gentlease. ( I had a bunch of free samples of this so ive been using it up first)I would like to switch to the target up and up brand, either the gentle or the regular as it is quite a bit cheaper. However I am afraid switching will cause constipation. My question is, if I switch and he gets constipated what do I do? Do I continue giving it to him and use remedies to relieve his constipation until his system gets used to it and ride it out for a few weeks or do I immediately switch back to the kind I had been using? I know they say switching back and forth can cause constipation and that's its best to keep them on one kind.

Re: switching formulas

• why do you think it will cause constipation? Just switching can be tough, bot not necessarily a cause for constipation. and remember - constipation is when their poop is hard like rabbit poop, and NOT just when the seem to be having a hard time pooping but the consistency is still soft. 

We've switched brands twice. We just made sure to give probiotics for a week or so to ease the transition. My friend's doc had her give an extra 10ml water for ever 3 oz formula when she switched. Im not saying to do that, but you might want to ask your doc for recs as to what to do. But maybe it will all go smoothly!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"