Infertility

~~~August tropical ovaries check-in! 9/15~~~ (Farewell Check-In!!)

Welcome to the final August Tropical Ovaries Check-In!!!  Check-ins have been very Monday (by AMShark) & Thursday (by gsancho).  

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for August. Thank you to all of the Tropical Ovaries, for updating us along the way!)

Badge link: https://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06.jpg

So Long, Farewell,...

QOTD: What's next?  Give us an update on your future plans, IF related or not.  Are you cycling again soon?  Taking a rest?  Taking a new job?  Buying a house?  Going on a fabulous vacation?  Moving to a new TB message board?  Update us however you want - ladies' choice.

BFP  

Aimothy FET#1

AMShark IVF #2 

aethornb FET#1

angjohns99 IVF#2

AshleyS131 IVF#1

Canuck13 IVF#1

gsancho FET#1

heatherrb23 IVF#1

Kinderteach78 IVF#1

Lesliem0901 IVF#1

LilyHarper IVF#1

sunshinedaisies000 FET#1

BFN  

alicia1834 IVF #1 ((hugs))

alpCRNA IVF#1 ((hugs))

ashlee IVF#1 ((hugs))

Buttmonkey34 IVF#1 ((hugs))

calbiz IVF#1 ((hugs))

Cindal IVF#1 ((hugs))

CML11 IVF #1 ((hugs))

CRMhoney IVF#2 ((CPG - big hugs))

Daggermouth IVF#2 ((hugs))

daydreamernyc IVF#1 ((hugs))

kmmd13 IVF#1 ((hugs))

ktabs IVF#1 ((hugs))

LeggyJeggy IVF#5 ((hugs))

LuBirdie IVF#3 ((hugs))

MeatandBandP FET#1 ((CPG - big hugs))

ronniesgirl1981 IVF#2 (converted to IUI)

ShannonBeth77 IVF#1 ((hugs))

TiffanyK0818 FET#3 ((hugs))

PUPO?

@TheNaijaGal FET#2

BETWEEN ER/ET (freeze-all)

CaringCat IVF#3 

tifga IVF#1

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
2014 summary (to date):
IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
EDD: 29-April-2015
Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~~~August tropical ovaries check-in! 9/15~~~ (Farewell Check-In!!)

• First, I would like to thank @gsancho, who has been doing these check-ins longer than I have, and has really been the leader of this group.  Thanks for your on-time check-ins, helpful feedback, and especially for your fantastic gifs.  (Finding check-in gif was harder than I thought it would be - but I think you have a talent for striking the right chord, and finding the right amount of humor).

It's bittersweet to post in the last T.O. thread!  Now that I'm down to weekly appointments with the RE, I don't have much to update.  I'm looking forward to my next scan on Tuesday, just to confirm that all is still going well.  
    I feel just a little bit sick most of the time - which I'm looking at as a blessing.  I'm not as miserable as some people seem to be, and it's something to help me feel that its real.

QOTD: What's next for me?  I'm not sure.  We're very much taking things one step at a time.  We're pretty shy about sharing, after our loss earlier this year, so most of my family still does not know.  No fabulous vacations planned, but I am going to New Orleans in February for work, so I'm thinking about adding time on to the end of my trip so DH can join me, and we can have a little mini-vacation.  I've never been to N.O., and I've always wanted to visit.
    I'm transitioning to the PAIF and April 2015 BM Boards, but I do have plans to stalk here for quite a while first.

*** Ticker Warning ***

2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the farewell post @AMShark !  Like I said last week, I really enjoyed this group - from the awesome name and badge to the great support with our relatively small group.  

Yesterday we had a minor scare with spotting and cramping.  Spotting stopped yesterday, and I was at least able to get my u/s a week early this morning to check on everything.  We have one bean and the heart beat was strong.  I still have cramping so I'm propped up in bed all day today.  Hopefully tomorrow feels better and I can relax a little.

I'm too scared to think next steps, especially after our recent scare.  But we have to make some decisions b/c I'll be losing my job in November.  The account I work on is moving to Chicago and I have an offer...but moving when pregnant feels too overwhelming.    

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Just wanted to swing by and say congratulations to all our bfp's!
    QOTD: We have no idea whats next. The past two months have been a whirlwind roller coaster ride of emotions. We thought at first we were moving on to adoption and then DH said we should do Donor IUI. Which greatly excited me after thinking all hope for a bio baby was lost. And then before I knew it(the day before I planned to buy and have the ds shipped) he changed his mind again. The sudden changes in plans are throwing me for a loop as I'm very much the decision is made let's go forward kind of person. DH now wants to do IVF again and we're looking into the guarantee program at our clinic. I'm a little apprehensive, we managed to do IVF#1 without acquiring any debt. We won't be able to do that again and the idea of 20k loan for the guarantee program is close to mind boggling if we're even accepted.
    For now I'm going to try and concentrate on losing the 10lbs I gained in the past two months and take things day by day.   

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• edited September 2014
    @Cindal FXing hard for you in whichever path you choose!

AFM, this question is funny b/c we stumbled into an everything at once scenario.  Our house that has been for sale forever is finally under contract.  I got the job I applied for 6 months ago and we are supposed to settle on our house as soon as I start.  And I started stims again last week.

I am hoping so hard to be a new-house-new-baby cliche. 

@AMShark and @gsancho You've made these check-ins so wonderful.  I'll miss you both over here (sniff!). 
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• I love that this group was on the smaller side. I felt a lot better about being able to keep everyone straight and follow stories and updates.

Our next step is the first ultrasound, that is not scheduled until the 24th.  It is going to be FOREVER away.  Only having two betas is killing me, but I have been peeing on a stick every morning just to reassure myself that line is still there.  

I will hit our loss milestone this week, and I hope if I make it through that, I'll feel a lot better about things.  I still very much talk in the "if" context of things.  I have a photo session scheduled for our announcement photo IF the ultrasound goes well on Wednesday.  IF I get to have a baby in May, I've started thinking about a possible long term sub plan.  I sometimes wish IF/loss hadn't jaded me so much to be able to just know that this was going to end with a baby in our arms. 

I have been posting intermittently on PAIF and May 2015, but not secure enough to post a full on intro. 
    Siggy/Ticker Warning

IVF #1: August 2012 Lupron Protocol | 8R 8M 8F |Transfer 2|BFN
    IVF #2: April 2014 Antagonist Protocol|12R 11M 10F|Transfer 2|BFP | m/c 5.8.14 
    FET#1: Transfer Day 8/29 | BFP | Beta 1: 302 Beta 2: 732
    U/S shows two beautiful heartbeats at 122!!
    Lost Baby B at 9 weeks 
    Baby A is our stubborn little fighter with a heartrate of 169!

Team BLUE!

• Hi ladies,
    Thank you @AMShark and @gsancho for being awesome check-in leaders!  I really enjoyed the TO and wish everyone well.

@gsancho - glad you're okay and resting up!

@Cindal - hoping you and your OH can come to an agreement soon that you're both 100% comfortable with...

AFM:  Second beta was 97...It seems so low when I compare to others. I'm freaked out b/c I continue to spot. Praying that it ends soon and all goes well at the u/s on Friday.

QOTD: Not ready to move to new message boards yet. Feeling very superstitious. I have a lot of activities in October, including college homecoming weekend and a 5-day antiquing trip. Looking forward to both!
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• So sad this will be our last check in! Good luck to all BFP and lots of hugs to the BFNs!

AFM, had our third beta today and it was 9470. We have our first ultrasound next Wednesday, 9-24. I'll feel much better after I see our little one (or ones) and know all is well! I've looked in on other boards but don't feel comfortable making any intros until I have officially graduated in 2 weeks. 

No big plans for the future as of now..Just taking everything a day at a time :)

***BFP warning***
    Me (36) and  DH (34) married August 2010
    TTC since January 2010
    HSG in July 2011 found uterine polyps
    Surgery Sept 2011 to remove polyps
    Tried Clomid (monitored) Oct-Feb 2012
    Consult with RE April 2012
    Diagnosis ~ unexplained infertility
    May 2012 IUI-BFN 
    April 2014- IVF consult with RE
    May 2014- baseline~21 follicles, High FSH and estradiol
    IVF #1 Aug 2014~Lupron trigger protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide)
    Stimmed for 9 days, trigger on 8/20~ 32-36 follicles seen, 16 measured on each side
    ER~ 8/22 ~ 36 follicles retrieved! 21 Mature, 17 ISCI'd
    8/27~Day 5 transfer of 2 BB blasts, 1 to freeze
    9/9~ BFP!! Beta #1- 978
    9/11~ Beta #2- 1965
    9/15~ Beta #3-7480
    1st ultrasound 9/24

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• I haven't posted in the last few check ins, but I have been lurking.  I was so happy to see the BFP list start to grow, but wish more of the tropical ovaries were on it.  We are planning to start IVF number 2 with my next cycle.  That means we will start in October, but more than likely ER and ET will fall in November.  We are hoping November will be our lucky month.  Both of our birthdays and our original (when we started dating) anniversary are in November.  So, a BFP would be a wonderful gift :).  Until then I am trying to eat healthier and exercise regularly to lose weight.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • I think I mentioned in a post last week how much I've enjoyed these check-ins. The support of everyone in the group has been so helpful, and it's been great to see everyone's progress! Thank you again to @gsancho and @AMShark for leading us!

We're approve to cycle again, which could begin as early as the end of September/early October. I'm excited to get started again and continue to keep my fingers crossed for a better outcome this time!
    TTC: August 2013
    Me: Age 30/Diagnosis: low ovarian reserve
    DH: Age 30/Diagnosis: low sperm count/quality

IVF #1: August 2014=BFN
  • We are starting IVF # 2 soon. Just waiting for AF. We will be participating in a Pilot Study and will use time-lapse photography to see what my embryos are up to. I wish the best of luck to everyone. Hope to see some of you over in Autumn Acorns!
  • @gsancho - I'm glad to hear that your scare was short lived, and that you finally got to see the heartbeat <3

@Cindal - I hope that you and DH can get on the same page soon.  Its so tough when you don't know the path forward.  (Also, I hear you on the 10 lbs - what is it about this process that makes us gain weight - stress or hormones?)

@ronniesgirl1981 - I got exhausted just reading your update.  New job, new house, new cycle... perhaps you should take up a new language, just for kicks?  ;)  FX that you become that cliche.

@Aimothy - For me, passing my loss milestone was big, and, although the stress didn't disappear, I swear that it's been gradually lifting everyday since then.  GL with your u/s, and a H&H 9 months to you.

@Buttmonkey34 - I miss just typing your screen name.  :D Good Luck with ER today!  FX you'll be on PAIF in no time at all.

@Lesliem0901 - T&P that all is well.  I've read that there is a huge range in beta numbers, and you can't put too much stock in them.  I'll be stalking you for an update on your u/s.

@Kinderteach78 - GL with your u/s.  I know what you mean - I was hesitant to make any full intros until I had seen the heartbeats on u/s.  I've been thinking "one day at a time" too, and its gotten the song from Rudolph "One foot in front of the other" stuck in my head.  (Yours too now, I'll bet.  Oh, you're welcome).

@alpCRNA - I feel the same about the BFP list - I'm glad its finally growing, but I'd really hoped it would be the longest list on the check-in.  :(  My birthday is also in November, and its a favorite month of mine - I hope its lucky for you this year.

@ kmmd13 - GL with your next cycle.  FX that second time will be the charm for you.

@aliciafiggy - GL with IVF#2.  The time-lapse photography study sounds fascinating.  I'll likely stalk you, to see how the study goes.  I don't suppose you get a copy of the film - Wouldn't that be amazing, though?

*** Ticker Warning ***

2014 summary (to date):

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AMShark~ I do get the video!
  • ***impending miscarriage mentioned***

so no growth over 6 days and a hb of 60. My re is surprised, given my age, and believes one of our frosties will work. I'm having a hard time keeping that, or any kind of faith. I have to wait and see still, but it's over. Again. Good luck to all of you ladies with bfp's and hugs to everyone else.
    Yup.
  • @LilyHarper I'm so so sorry.  There really are no words...big hugs

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • @LilyHarper‌ so sorry, that's terrible. Big, big hugs!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry @LilyHarper‌ :( hugs.

I have loved our little TO group too and wish the best for every one of you moving forward, regardless of what you are moving to.

I am waiting for my second ultrasound which is the end of next week and just praying all is still well. I am trying to just take things day by day because I'm so nervous.  For future plans, I'm trying to talk my OH into a December vacation since it could be our last for a while...we'll see! I am slowly navigating the PAIF board and the (scarier) April moms board, but no big intros really until I at least have the second ultrasound. 

Me: 37 | DH: 41
    TTC Since 2011 DX: Unexplained 
    IUI's #1 - 3 = BFN
    IVF August 2014: FSH 4.1, PRL 15.3, TSH 2.1, W/ AFC 8.
     08/03 ER 5R, 4M, 3F. 08/08 5DT of 1-3AA0, 2 frozen :) bfp @9dp5dt. Beta on 08/20 = 414.
    So excited to have one little bean on the way!!

• @LilyHarper - you will be in my thoughts...I'm so sorry. Big hugs.
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• @LilyHarper - I'm so sorry.  ((Hugs))

*** Ticker Warning ***

2014 summary (to date):

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"