March 2014 Moms
Options

Bfest

It's Monday. Bitch about something.
Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bfest

• Options

Same bitch, DH sucks at helping out at night. I had LO duty Sunday morning.  It was another night where she finally went to sleep at 11:00 (normal bedtime is 8) then was up at 12:30a.  Finally got her to sleep at 3, and she woke up at 6:30.  I dozed in the recliner (I cant fully sleep when I have her that close) with her for a few hours before DH finally woke up.  When he did he stayed in the bedroom and watched a movie instead of helping with LO so that maybe I could get a few more uninterrupted hours of sleep.  Then last night LO was up again and would not go to sleep at 2:30 I was laying down for the umpteenth time hoping LO would finally stay asleep.  When she started bitching in her crib he rolls over and asked if she needed her Paci.  Really do you think I have not tried that?  I lost my shit, yelled at him and stormed out of the room.  I ended up sleeping in the recliner with LO since that was the only way she would sleep for longer than a 30 minute stretch.   Now I am not proud of how I handled it last night but come on. 

I guess my bitch is that I get tired of being LO's sole night time caretaker.  Even during the day he is useless.  Hope it gets better as she gets older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

SLEEP, NO SLEEP.

It's Monday.. I'm back to work after a week off, I miss LO already.

MIL has LO today, I cant wait to hear what she has to say when I get home. She's ALWAYS telling me what I NEED to do for LO . You need to do this.. you need to do that... IT ALWAYS SOMETHING !!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My bitch: my sister. She is 25. No job (has only had two, each lasted less than 6mo). Takes one community college class a semester.

She got two cats a few years ago. We were never allowed to have pets, but she swore to my mother she was moving out so it was only temporary. Yeah, not so much. She refuses to take care of them. The litter box gets changed maybe once a week. It makes the whole house fucking reek. Now I come downstairs to find one of them shit all over the throw blanket on the couch.

I threw the blanket in her room and shut the door. I will not clean up after them. I already clean up everyone's dishes and trash, not to mention take care of my kid and cook dinner most nights, and up until recently my own schooling to deal with. She does nothing.

I seriously hope I get this job, because we really need to move out of this fucking house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It was 45 degrees when I checked the temp this morning.  45 on September 15th.  That's bullshit.  I also just pumped for the 1st time at work today (not the 1st time ever, just 1st time at work, today), and only got about 2.5 oz.  I only got 3 when I pumped this morning after her 1st feed. Wtf.  I'm starting to worry that I'm going to have to start consistently breaking into my stash and that I won't be able to keep up for the next 6 mos. until she's 1. I need to make some lactation cookies or something!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Laura8388 said:
    My bitch; my husband has been gone for three weeks today, and still no clue when he will be home. Getting a bit stabby about it.

I don't know how you do it !!! I look up to you !!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Laura8388 said:

My bitch; my husband has been gone for three weeks today, and still no clue when he will be home. Getting a bit stabby about it.

Like others have said, I don't know how you do it! You should be very proud of yourself! My husband was gone for just one week last week and it was tough so you are a champ.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The good news: LO went to sleep for the first time last night without her pacifier! I've been starting to let her fuss more before I go in to 'rescue' her while she is falling asleep (still will go in if she actually cries rather than whines), and last night I saw her lose the paci, flail all over the crib, and then fall asleep on her own, woot!

The bitch: Around 4am-ish the Angelcare movement sensor decided to have a false alarm. She had smooshed herself into a corner of the crib and I think it couldn't pick her up. It was only the 10-second beep, but was enough to wake her up :( She started fussing a little and I wanted to let her go for a bit to see if she could settle back to sleep. DH didn't listen to me and despite my objections, went into the nursery to give her a paci to quiet her so he could go back to sleep >.< Well that just woke her up more, and then he insisted she was hungry and gave her a bottle. He fed her pretty much a full feeding and she did go back to sleep after, but then spit up first thing this morning and wasn't interested in her morning bottle so I think she was overfed *sigh*

The lesson: Getting rid of the sensor pad. She is almost 6 months and the SIDS risk is low at this point. At this point we are much more likely to have false alarms than an actual issue since we are following all the AAP recs. Now I just need to hope that she won't wake up at 4am again tonight expecting food after getting fed last night (GRRR @ DH).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I just left the store and an idiot driver did a u turn where you're not supposed to. There are 3 signs with red flags that say no uturn. He came inches from hitting us, the kids and I. Those things never bother me, but this time it really ticked me off. I'm still mad.
  • Options
    acdiaz11acdiaz11 member
    edited September 2014
    @Laura8388‌, you are my hero!!

My bitch...I worked late every night last week. Including leaving work Friday at 5:30pm to drive an hour home to pick up LO only to drive back to work and stay until 10pm!!! Then I had to be in the office at 8am this morning for a call which meant baby girl got dropped off at the sitter at 6:45 and then I got to work and the call was cancelled!

Is it Friday yet?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have so much laundry and housework to do! The hampers are overflowing. And I have no time to do it because LO hates naps. I got behind because LO had a fever virus over the weekend. Her temp got so high that we had to go to the ER. Thank god she is feeling better today.
  • Options
    DH used my shampoo and didn't let me know it was all gone.  #firstworldproblem

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I have a friend who feels the need to scold/correct my 3 yo, even in my house and for the same thing I already have. Sometimes for things that he's allowed to do. My kid, my correction was enough, thanks. It's driving me crazy, especially as I don't want to be confrontational in front of DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Those dealing with supply struggles, look into fenugreek if you haven't already. You'll smell like maple syrup, but it almost doubled my pumping supply.
  • Options
    DH says I smell like hot breakfast from mcdonalds :)
  • Options
    My dog. Took LO to visit the office and when we came back she had gotten into and dumped the garbage and had a feast on the couch and LO's playmat/toys! I lost it on her! We walk her at least three times, usually four times a day, play with her And let her interact with LO and she still dumps the garbage everytime we go out without her. We even tell her when we'll be back as if she understands. Someone's getting very close to being locked into a crate while we are out.

Also, teething. That's all.
  • Options
    jsmath said:

My neck is all screwed up and since my insurance laps when I'm on Mat leave (Canada) I have to wait until DH puts me on his to see my chiropractor. Buddy better hurry up...mommy has constant head aches these days!!

Side note: I could keep my own BuT it's like 400-500 out of pocket each month and no one has $ for that!!

We will be paying almost $500 a month for me and DS for insurance. That's just the premium! This affordable care act is not very affordable. :/
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

jsmath said:

My neck is all screwed up and since my insurance laps when I'm on Mat leave (Canada) I have to wait until DH puts me on his to see my chiropractor. Buddy better hurry up...mommy has constant head aches these days!!

Side note: I could keep my own BuT it's like 400-500 out of pocket each month and no one has $ for that!!

We will be paying almost $500 a month for me and DS for insurance. That's just the premium! This affordable care act is not very affordable. :/
    We pay about 500/month for our family plan.
    Right now thanks to the ACA we are paying $50 a month for all three of us. Once I start working we will be paying at least $400 a month for family coverage.
  • Options

jsmath said:

We pay about 500/month for our family plan.
    Right now thanks to the ACA we are paying $50 a month for all three of us. Once I start working we will be paying at least $400 a month for family coverage.
    @legallyginger how are you only paying $50 right now? We only have one income and it's just me and DS on the plan. I have to have a PPO and something with a lower deductible since I'm diabetic.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    With only H's salary that is what we qualify for. Our deductible under the plan is $250 per person. Our copays are super low too.

It did recently go down when my school insurance ran out. When I was covered in school we paid $110 a month for the three of us because it was secondary coverage for me.

I don't really know why it would be more expensive for you. I mean my H's income isn't super high but it's not like he's making minimum wage.
  • Options
    jsmath said:

I'm thankful that it's typically just taken right off our salary... But since I'm not pulling in a normal pay check it would hurt too much!

Is your insurance through your employer?
    My current employer, and most of my previous employers have a plan that is cost-free to the employee. They also have upgraded plans (we don't require) for a small fee, or a super upgrade for a slightly larger fee.
    The super is currently only about $250 / month for the family.
    I guess things may be different in Alberta too (that's where you are, right?). I am still fully covered by my plan while on mat leave with no charge to me. (I know....lucky!!)

DH also has coverage. I think he pays $50 for our family coverage.
    So far. We have only paid $100 for some dental work that wasn't covered by our plans. Everything else is covered. (The two plans cover all prescription drug expenses)
  • Options

@jrw526‌ where do you get it? I've also been dealing with supply issues and can't find it anywhere!

Eta: @bennieangel‌ where do you get that and is it a pill or a tea?? I can't handle teas but could do a pill!

Amazon or GNC.
  • Options
    Hmmm. A bitch?

Hotel rooms suck when it comes to lighting. Most rooms have a light or two and its too dim to do anything like read. This room has 6 lamps (not a big room). They are all so bright by themselves that it might as well be daylight in here.
    I was hoping one would be dim.
    I just want a little nightlight.
  • Options
    SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited September 2014
    jsmath said:

@SurpriseAt39‌ yes it's through my company. I only get 8 weeks top up (for my full salary) and 6 months mat leave. After that expires my insurance does too unless I pay... The second 6 months is parental leave and insurance isn't included.

Ya, I think I got 8 weeks too up too.
    But 1 year mat leave.
    I didn't expect my insurance to continue, but it does.

And to all those in the states, I know things are different there, but if we had to pay $500 or more per month for coverage through work, we likely would not have insurance and would just pay OOP.
    (Hospital and regular doc visits are covered by provincial health care, but prescriptions and paramedical are not...dental isn't covered either, but $200-300 twice a year for cleanings and X-rays is cheaper than a couple hundred a month)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"