2nd Trimester
Options

Braxton hicks?!?!

I am almost 26 weeks and wondering if its too early for me to be having Braxton hicks? My husband and I went out last night for the first time in forever and didn't get home until after 2 am. I went to sleep very soon after getting home but woke up at least every 30 mins to an hour in tears with HORRIBLE cramps! Husband was set on taking me to the hospital but since I wasn't bleeding I decided against. I had them again all morning but they subsided around mid morning or noon. I no I am still pretty early in pregnancy and I have a few months to go but I am just at the point were I feel there is no more room for my baby and maybe this is why I was cramping. Anyone had this happen?! Could they be Braxton hicks?

I should also and do that I have had round ligament pain through out this whole pregnancy and I'm almost certain this wasn't it because of where the pain was and the extent of the pain...

Re: Braxton hicks?!?!

• Options
    I'm 24 weeks and I've had Braxton hicks since about 20-22 weeks but they don't feel like cramps to me, maybe a bit uncomfortable sometimes but never so bad I'm in tears. It is just my uterus getting really hard for about 10 seconds then stops.
  • Options
    Yeah like I said I've had cramps like the round ligament pains and what not but thus was bad. It hasn't happened since so I'm assuming just really bad cramps or braxton hicks. But Thank you!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS I had BH from I swear 17/18 weeks on.  So you definitely can have them, but these don't sound quite like them.  There's a post a little further down the board here where BH are discussed and they feel more like a tightening of the stomach that may be accompanied by some discomfort, but no one really said that they hurt.  I'd call your caregiver in the morning and explain what you've been experiencing.  Usually with BH you can get them to go away by drinking some water and relaxing.  If you are still experiencing these after trying that I'd definitely go in and get checked out, just for piece of mind!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    BH don't hurt and are more like a rhythmic tightening and release. If you have been having cramps that hurt that bad you should definitely call your dr and see what they want to do.

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Options
    Ok thank you!! I called my doctor so I'm just waiting for a call back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"