Toddlers: 24 Months+

Ideas for presents for 2 year old boy

My son has bis 2nd birthday coming in the beginning of October and I'm shopping for the holidays as well.  I'm at a loss.  My DD I can shop for no problem.  DS is into Thomas the Tank Engine, but we already have tons of that when DD was into it.  He plays with all her princesses as well.  I'd get him his own, but we already have a ton.  It'll be getting cold soon, so I don't want o get him any outdoor toys he can't use.  I have a few new bath toys and new food for the play kitchen but other than that, I'm drawing a blank.  Plus all the grandparents are asking for ideas.  What are your 2+ boys into that I should know about???

-He can't sit still to color
-He's very active
-I already have a bunch of books to get him
-He'll get DD's old trike next spring
-We already have Duplo's and legos

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Ideas for presents for 2 year old boy

• How about a family annual pass to the local museum or some other local indoor attraction.. somewhere he can burn off energy indoors on bad days, interact socially and learn.  Both our local museum have a special area for under 5's.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A museum, playplace or kid's gym membership is always good,especially since winter is coming. Maybe something he can play with inside and still burn energy like a kiddie pool and ball pit balls, or a small plastic slide, kid's trampoline,  mini goal and soft soccer ball, indoor swing like this, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got a Rody for DD. it says 3+, but she can fit on it. Her balance isn't the best on it yet, but she loves it.

https://www.amazon.com/Gymnic-7004-Rody-Horse-Lime/dp/B000XSAZUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410744409&sr=8-1&keywords=Rody

• DS just turned 2 this weekend and had his party.  The things that were big hits were-

basketball hoop- little tikes like the others said.  Both DD and DS love it
    radio flyer scooter
    dinosaurs figures
    Jake play tent- he had a Jake party and the play tent (it's their pirate ship) went over well

• agree with PPs- little tikes basketball hoop (we have ours inside) or a children's museum/zoo membership are both great ideas

DS loves his little tikes pillow racer (basically an office chair wheeled bottom with a stuffed animal over it. great for riding in the house- it's all padded so they can't break anything)

DS also loves balls of all kinds (we have soft ones for inside) and hot wheels. do you have one of those rugs with the roads on it for playing with cars/trains?

• jfresh said:
    @ashiscute how big is the tent and does it fold up well? I don't have an area where I could keep it up all the time so it would just have to come out specifically for an afternoon or whatever for play. I was thinking about getting that for Christmas.
    It is pretty big.  It will definitely be an occasional afternoon type toy for us.  If we finish our basement soon that would be a good place for it but it takes up a lot of space as an every day toy.  It's about as tall as me (5'3") and right now is sitting on a rug that is 5'7'.  There is about a foot of extra space all around it.  We had 3 kids playing in it yesterday with no problems.  I haven't folded it up yet (he got it yesterday) but doesn't seem too bad.  But it does collapse easily.  If your kid is jumping around in there it will collapse on him.  My kids think that's hysterical and it's easy to stand back up but that has been half of the fun for them so far.  
  • I got my DS one of those toddler size indoor trampolines with the saftey bar for him to hold on to. 
  • We got a Rody for DD. it says 3+, but she can fit on it. Her balance isn't the best on it yet, but she loves it.

https://www.amazon.com/Gymnic-7004-Rody-Horse-Lime/dp/B000XSAZUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410744409&sr=8-1&keywords=Rody
    My son loves his Rody.  loves loves loves.  He carries it around with him, he tried to bring it to bed.  This is an excellent idea.

For my son's second birthday we got him a radio flyer wagon.  He loves to pull things around in it, but also be pulled.  The basketball hoop mentioned above was another big hit.   Puzzles, Bristle Blocks, and Magadoodles are other ideas that he was really in to right around 2.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • play tent (ours is from Ikea and doesn't really fold up when not being used tho), doctor set, Mr Potato Head, Wedgits, wooden puzzles, stroller and doll.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• The Fisher Price Drill. It turns when you push the button. E got it for his second birthday and is OBSESSED. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"