December 2013 Moms
Options

Once Upon a SPAM!

Happy Sunday Ladies!

I survived yesterday at work but I am back today for another 12 hours and I am somehow even sicker than before :(

But I received good news yesterday my schedule will be changing in 2 weeks and if I get the schedule I think I am getting I will be working M-F 645am till 2pm and off weekends. Pray for me ladies. I need that schedule in my life right now.

My DH is at home with the kids preparing the house for our new foster dog we will be getting soon. He is SO handsome, I can't wait to meet him.

What are your plans today?

Everyone have a great one!

Re: Once Upon a SPAM!

• Options
    Working while my three older girls are playing ball in three different cities today. DH is lucky to have been off yesterday and today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    On the way to church. We have connect group then worship service. Not sure what I'm doing this afternoon. I will probably be making my centers for guided reading.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ds2 slept until 8:45!!! Usually he is up at 6:15!! I could get used to it, even though it will probably never happen again!

Also, despite ds1's runny nose (the starting preschool sickness lol) we are off to the 4 Town Fair today! Can't wait to eat alll the fair food!
  • Options
    LO was up 5 times last night and it seems I have caught her germs all at once. I was barfing last night and have a cold. I was also so out of it last night that I gave her the plastic outlet cover sitting on her little table thinking it was a pacifier...oops. She was happily playing with it when DH went to get her this morning.
  • Options
    Sorry you're sick @Snoopylovesbelle‌, but that was pretty funny. I lol'd.

We're trying to re sleep train. It's harder this time around. And Kahlan woke up 5 or 6 times last night.
  • Options
    DS is sick today. He felt warm yesterday and we gave him some Tylenol. He woke up this morning with green boogers and a low grade fever. My poor guy is a fussy mess
  • Options
    I need to whine. Fever and aches all night....can't get this boob to properly drain and this stupid milk bleb blister whatever the Fuck , won't go away !!!
    I cried this morning I feel so shitty. Hug me guys :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @nitecheese‌ I had to ask DH for some time the other day and I just came out and asked.
  • Options
    @nitecheese I just plan something and tell DH "im going out this day and this time". If you need an immediate break I just say 'I need to get out by myself. do you mind if i take off/". I only ask to make sure he doesnt have something planned or have to work (DH works sometimes on weekends). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Healthy vibes to all the sick ladies and LOs. I'm crabby today. DH worked yesterday (gig at wine shop formerly mentioned on redux), and was mostly well behaved.

I'm just tired of being the one who gets up with g man every morning, even when I'm trying to get ready for work. DH is at the gym. He gets to sleep in and workout and watch football.

I still haven't found a second to finish the coffee I made three hours ago and have been up since 5. I also have to do the shopping for the week and grade a stack of papers.

*sigh* any tips on how to ask for some me time? I desperately need it.

I usually just say I need a break today can you be home at this time or whatever. Works pretty well. I usually explain how I'm feeling and that I need to decompress.
  • Options
    mcncheese said:

@bty19‌ yikes I hope you aren't getting mastitis!!!

The two giant red blotches on my breast, lump and pain indicate that it is :(

• Options
    ameegee said:

Sorry you're sick @Snoopylovesbelle‌, but that was pretty funny. I lol'd.

We're trying to re sleep train. It's harder this time around. And Kahlan woke up 5 or 6 times last night.

I laughed pretty hard when I realized what I did :)
  • Options
    Hugs to everyone!

DD slept from 9pm to 4:30am and then decided it was time to party. Finally at 6am she was tired but refused to sleep. Instead she threw a fit and woke DS. So DS ended up in our bed and after trying everything to get her to sleep, I put her in her crib to CIO. She screamed for 5 mins and I went to get her. She hiccuped for like 10 mins because she was so upset then cuddled up and went to sleep. I felt so bad :(
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    We're heading to Virginia for a wedding in less than 2 weeks and I have been told that it is usually pretty cool in the mornings and evenings starting around now. Being from Florida, everyone else's idea of cool is cold to me. All of my sweaters and long-sleeved shirts are buried in a storage unit so I guess I will be forced to go shopping for a few long-sleeved shirts today. And maybe a few warmer things for LO too.
  • Options

We're heading to Virginia for a wedding in less than 2 weeks and I have been told that it is usually pretty cool in the mornings and evenings starting around now. Being from Florida, everyone else's idea of cool is cold to me. All of my sweaters and long-sleeved shirts are buried in a storage unit so I guess I will be forced to go shopping for a few long-sleeved shirts today. And maybe a few warmer things for LO too.

What part of VA? It will definitely be cold compared to Fl but it shouldn't be too bad just yet.
  • Options
    @jms1484‌ I love Eric Church! I can only imagine what a good show that must have been. Sorry LO didn't let you sleep in though!
  • Options
    I can't stand people who are late. Not like a few minutes every once in a while. I mean over an hour EVERY FUCKING TIME! And she even picks the time! Wtf! I have a baby I can't be waiting on you for that long every time. And yes she knows what it's like to have kids...she's my mother. I am so annoyed I have to plan my day around her and then she can't even be on time or call to say she's going to be late! Last week we were supposed to do dinner and at 830 I finally told her forget it K can't last that long. Sorry I needed to whine.
  • Options
    Also she just started being like this
  • Options
    mamaj1220 said:
    I can't stand people who are late. Not like a few minutes every once in a while. I mean over an hour EVERY FUCKING TIME! And she even picks the time! Wtf! I have a baby I can't be waiting on you for that long every time. And yes she knows what it's like to have kids...she's my mother. I am so annoyed I have to plan my day around her and then she can't even be on time or call to say she's going to be late! Last week we were supposed to do dinner and at 830 I finally told her forget it K can't last that long. Sorry I needed to whine.

Hugs that is annoying! I would say something to her. I have a friend like this. I now tell her any event at my house is an hour or 1.5 hours before it really ever is, she is still always late to the party. How she gets to work daily on time baffles me. She will say "soon" that means you can take a nap, a shower and watch a Harry Potter movie before she gets there. Its sad really because she misses out on lots of stuff.
  • Options
    @sweett11 I heard they are. But I am not sure when they are starting. I think they are waiting to see what happens in the court.
  • Options
    mamaj1220 said:

You're justified in feeling frustrated. I have zero patience for this. It is just plain rude and inconsiderate.

I feel your pain! My MIL does this every fucking time! This is why she is never invited to do anything with us. The two times we had a blowout I told her very bluntly that I think she's rude and inconsiderate that she makes everyone wait hours on her. I have also told her not to bother to come over because she would be 3 hours late and by then it was time for the kids to get ready for bed. Still doesn't sink in.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    I'm getting ready to go play softball for the first time in over 2 years. And before that, it had been 2 more years. We are practicing for an all day double elimination tournament next Saturday. Then I have Zumba tonight. Tomorrow is going to be rough!
  • Options
    Me time? Wtf is that?! I need some soooo bad before I completely loose it!!!

DS has only had a 10 minute nap this morning. He was taking his second nap when DH just went barging into the room blabbing on his cell phone and woke him up! Wtf?! We just had a long conversation about how he needed a nice long nap. How the hell did he forget the baby was in there sleeping?!!!

My DH doesn't seem to think its that big of a deal. We'll see.... Dinner tonight with FIL and his bitchy wife should be
    fun!!!! Not only is LO going to be cranky but now so am I!!!!

SERENITY NOW!!!!

• Options
    bty19bty19 member
    edited September 2014

bty19 said:

mcncheese said:

@bty19‌ yikes I hope you aren't getting mastitis!!!

The two giant red blotches on my breast, lump and pain indicate that it is :(

Call your doc, they will send in a script for antibiotics. I've had mastitis four times and it's the worst. I hate taking antibiotics, but they will make you feel so much better. Make sure to take a good probiotic too. And nurse nurse nurse! Put LO's chin facing the lump, even if it means you have to dangle over them awkwardly. Hot hot showers and massage through the pain! My friend just had to get two abscesses drained due to mastitis gone bad so do whatever you can to massage and nurse it out! Feel better!

Bah my dr office is closed Sundays. I'm going to call first thing tomorrow..My fever finally broke , but I can't drain the breast still..LO is too impatient and isn't sucking long enough, pops off after 20 seconds....I pumped for almost 45 mins and i got barely an ounce but my breast feels heavy and full!!!!
    This will no doubt fuck up my supply :(

• Options
    @momanddad+3‌ not sure why they wouldn't work on an ikea crib... Does your crib have slats? Is it smaller than a regular crib?

We have a mini crib so we had to get creative with the bumper. There is a good chunk that overlaps but it's still breathable.
  • Options

Ltpugs said:

@momanddad+3‌ not sure why they wouldn't work on an ikea crib... Does your crib have slats? Is it smaller than a regular crib?

We have a mini crib so we had to get creative with the bumper. There is a good chunk that overlaps but it's still breathable.

It has rounded slats & it's supposed to be regular size, but I think they may actually be a little smaller? I guess I'll just have to buy them & try it out :)

I think they will work just fine for you. You may have to overlap them a little but it's really easy to do. FYI Target has some polka dot/multicolor ones; BRU only has solid colors.
  • Options
    mcncheese said:

Sarah is passed out in my arms. I've tried to put her down in the crib 3 times and she instantly sits up crying.. wtf kid mommas got shit to do!!!

Ugh! That was DD at 4am. I finally gave up after the third time and brought her in bed with me but by then she was wide awake.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    @cashnchange‌ - we will be in Vienna, which I think is near DC. I find anything under 70 to be a little chilly so I have a feeling I'll be fine during the day but need at least some long sleeves at night and during the day.
  • Options
    Guise, Anja disapproves of this picture
    I love her! So cute!!!! 

• Options
    Attempt #2 of DH putting tucker to bed = epic fail. I came home from Zumba to a screaming baby. Hopefully they get their stuff figured out by November because mama is going away for 3 days. But I feel bad because I feel like I caused the problem because he nurses to sleep every night. However, my mom has successfully put him to bed twice.
  • Options

Dang, I feel like D13's crazy has really been showing on the parenting board lately. Anyone else notice this?

Is anyone surprised by the crazy?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Never mind. Found it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"