South Jersey Babies

Virtua Mt. Holly (Memorial) Has anyone delivered there recently ?

I delivered my daughter at Voorhees Mt. Hollly, almost 3 years ago.  The new addition of the CHOP hospital section was not there yet, and I am not sure if their "Special care nursery" has been updated.  WHen she was born, the nurses that took care of her right away did not impress me.  She had swallowed mucous and they were not focusing on her breathing but instead a rash on her body.  My husband had to be on top of them to focus on her breathing and suction out all the mucous properly.  I am going to deliver there again in October and that is only because my practice will only deliver there.  Honestly, I was not happy with the experience and am wondering if perhaps anything has changed or anyone has anything positive to say about them recently, that could ease my nerves a bit.

Thanks! 

Re: Virtua Mt. Holly (Memorial) Has anyone delivered there recently ?

• This is completely false. The OB department at Lourdes closed almost 3 years ago. The entire Labor and delivery, post partum and special care unit have all been re-done in the last 2-3 years.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just gave birth to my beautiful baby girl at Mt. Holly. My husband and I had a fantastic experience. Everyone was great from the security guard who greeted up at 2am in the ER to the nurses who had to deal with me screaming out in pain. My baby decided to poop prior to coming out which called for the pediatric nurses to be in the room for her. As soon as they came out they still put her right on my chest but had no problem suctioning everything they could out of her. Once out of delivery I had great nursing staff working with us while we were in the hospital. Although this is the only experience I've had with delivering a baby - I would say it was the best one yet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"