January 2014 Moms

pretty shookin up

So my sil and I were on our way to the store and we witness a motorcycle accident literally in front of us, we were over one lane though. The motorcycle nailed a stopped car, we were in traffic. He came out of no where. I was the passenger. I got out called 911 and helped to hold the two ppl down and keep them from moving. It was so scary and I hope the two are ok. Thankfully they were both wearing helmets. Although the lady's fell off in the crash.
Thanks for listening I just had to vent. It was surreal. And I am still shookin up.
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: pretty shookin up

• Ughhh...couldn't imagine. Thank The Lord for helmets. My H saw a motorcyclist get nailed in an intersection and he flew 50 ft. I don't trust those things. You'll prob lose sleep tonight thinking of it. I know I would. I'm sure they are OK. You did a nice thing by helping them. Some people would just drive away.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Yes! I hate motorcycles they are so not safe and make me so nervous. I know it's a hobby and many ppl love them. I sure don't. I have told my dh he can never have one if he wants to stay with me because I don't want to be a widow.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry. Every time I see or hear of a motorcycle accident my mind immediately goes to DH's friends. They're like family to us and it would be heartbreaking if one of them was killed in an accident. DH wants one, but I don't want him to get one. He can have a dirt bike though.

Thank you for helping them. I think it is pretty awesome that you did.
  • My mom and I were in a motor cycle accident when I was 15. Long story short going around a curve and for whatever reason she went too far on the side and was on the gravel edge of the road and the lip to the tar was too high that she couldn't steer the cycle back on the road so we ended up going down a culvert and "jumped" a driveway ditch.

When I came to I had to flag down a car who happened to be our neighbor who then drove to the next town over where we were going to meet my dad an brother who had gone on his motor cycle.

I only had a sprained ankle but my mom had internal bleeding and had to helicoptered to a bigger trauma hospital. We're both so very lucky to be alive, scariest moment of my life to be in an ER room with my mom right next door and can hear every thing!

@Roses87‌ Hope you can get some quality rest after a taxing event like that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That must have been so scary. I hope everyone is alright and you are able to get some sleep tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"