January 2014 Moms
Options

Fruit

How often does your LO get fruit? I try keep it to only once a day but sometimes it's twice. Also, anyone try any of the higher acidic fruits yet? (Kiwi, pineapple, citrus) I'm a bit hesitant to but will soon.

Re: Fruit

• Options
    About once a day. He's had pineapple, but only because he stole a piece from DD at breakfast a few days ago.
  • Options
    I don't always give DD fruit but she has a veggie every day. She hasn't had any real acidic fruits yet - I'm too afraid because of her reflux lol she has had bananas, pears, and peaches so far. We are going to try blueberries tomorrow.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So what are your meals then? I give fruit at every meal (prunes, actually. DS can't poop without them and our ped said it's okay). I would love to hear what your meals look like. Mine are sounding a bit too fruity!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @sunnyplaces I usually do a fruit as "breakfast". We try to get one meat mixture in at some point. Gerber has chicken and apple, turkey and rice, etc. that DS really likes. I try to do those as a "lunch" or a "dinner".
  • Options
    We do oatmeal for bk, sometimes with a fruit. Then a veggie at lunch and a veggie and a meat for supper. Sometimes a fruit at lunch too.
  • Options
    Breakfast: cereal (oatmeal) and fruit
    Lunch: oatmeal and veggie
    Dinner: meat, veggie, fruit

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I give a veggie and a fruit at every meal except at breakfast she gets cereal and fruit. She eats 3 solid food meals a day.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

• Options
    I wish we could give more fruit, but DD has gotten hives from every fruit we've tried except bananas. And we can't give her tons of bananas or she'll get constipated.
  • Options
    M gets fruit every morning with a bit of cereal. Lunch is veg and dinner is meat and veg.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    Usually she gets fruit 1-2x a day. Usually always in the morning, and a few bites after lunch or dinner if she finishes her meal and is still hungry. Since there is still watermelon being sold, my husband keeps buying it and so she gets watermelon cubes several times a day when we have it.

Some days, though, its all she wants to eat. I don't know...I'm one of those moms who is just happy her kid is eating and gaining weight. Maybe I am too lenient?
  • Options
    A new favorite here is apple and spinach purée. Fruit and veg 2-for-1! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We do cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and then veggie for dinner with a bit of fruit for "dessert" (sometimes chicken mixed in with the veggie but not every night, it seemed to make her a bit constipated but we'll try again soon)
  • Options
    Can I ask why some don't give fruit at every meal? I've read multiple places online that say to try and give a fruit and a veg at every meal. Did I miss something?

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    I think it's just because of the sugar. Since fruits are sweeter they think babies will be more inclined to eat them instead of veggies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"