October 2012 Moms
Options

weekend!

Im excited about this weekend. Haircut in a few hours, a tattoo consult, and I will dye my hair at some point too. From a box because I'm poor. But still. I'll be sassy when I'm done. ;)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: weekend!

• Options
    Some good sleep and drugs helped, but I can't shake this migraine. So I'm basically garbage today. Tonight MH is making home made gumbo bc my dad has a bunch of okra in his garden. It is sooooo good. I find spicy stuff is comfort food to me, so I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    And I'll just leave this here, since I don't know where else to go with it. I wish I could slow down time, man. I really find from 5ish months to walking to be the most fun age for babies. Annabel is getting a little cute personality and is so much fun, I wish I could just slow things down and enjoy it longer. I feel like I'm going to blink and I'll have a toddler and a little girl. Waaahhhhh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One more, while I'm being a huge PW. I had to turn the heat on last night. It was in the 30s. On Sept friggin 12th. Last weekend was in the 80s. WTF, Mother Nature?
  • Options
    @Scrumpfy I know what you mean. Last weekend we were at the beach on Saturday and this weekend I had to bundle Elijah up to go out and play on the playground. It's crazy.
  • Options
    Both my husband and I misread the ad for touch-a-truck. I told Elijah it was today and he was all excited it. We got to where it was suppose to be and there was nothing there. Turns out it's tomorrow. Elijah was not happy with me, but I redeemed myself by buying him a doughnut for lunch.
  • Options
    It's 55 and raining here.  I'm wearing shorts, but mainly because I hate it when the bottom of my jeans get wet.

So, I'm gonna bust out some extreme TMI.  It's gross.  Sorry in advance.  Ready?

I skipped my period using my pills last month.  This month, my ute is taking revenge.  Pretty sure my guts are actively waging war with each other to see which can get out first.  There may be casualties.  

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

I'm going to be a PW like @scrumpfy. My best friend is about 8 weeks pregnant. We are on month 3 of trying and even though I am only two days past ovulation I have jumped on the crazy train. I desperately want this to be our month so I can be pregnant with my friend. Also, because we agreed if we don't get a BFP this month we will wait another year before trying again.

Can I ask why wait a whole year?
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    @Rachelilly23
    We would really wait ten months for three reasons.
    1. The amount of money we wouldn't be paying for daycare means that we could get a house sooner. So we could have a baby and buy a house in 2016. A baby now means it would take us longer to save.

2. I had a really hard time with just six weeks of maternity leave with Elijah. Having a baby in April, May or June means that I would have until September to come back.

3. I am a Special Education Teacher in a resource room setting. I would have to do a lot of planning and extra work to be out at the beginning or middle of the school year. And I would have to hold all my Annuals and three year reviews for the time I am out before that time. That's a lot of paperwork and much easier to manage at the end of the year.
  • Options
    what a week... soo glad its Saturday. we went to story time and an arts festival...LO is napping now and its rainy out so I may take a nap myself. tantrums tire me out...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The art for my tattoo is amazing! It'll go from shoulder to elbow, but doesnt really wrap around. Is that still considered half sleeve? Or just a big tattoo? Anyway its fabulous. Now does someone want to send me $500 so I can get it done? ::bats eyes::

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I'm drinking an iced pumpkin spice latte. It actually doesn't suck!

Also when I type "I'm" and my phone assumes the next word is "sorry" I think it's time to evaluate sone things.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Sick. Went to mdnow this morning got some good stuff. Dh let me rest most of the day. Feeling a little better. Ds2 needs to start sleeping again.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just realized I missed like a quarter of one of my legs when I shaved this morning. Oops.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I am so incredibly over my kid screaming herself to sleep for naps. True story. So. Freaking. Done.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Ds2 has a strong fever. I am in for am long night. Darn kids and their illnesses. DD will be next.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    Great day!

Morning at the pumpkin patch and it was beautiful out.

Afternoon spent watching my alma mater win our in state rivalry game! Iowa is a Cyclone State in case anyone wondered ;)

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    Also, my older kid has been In prek for 3 weeks and I'm blown away by how much he has learned and he loves it to boot. I'm a teacher, but I teach HS, so it's a bit different than 4 year olds!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    I tell him Elijah to take a break and put him in his room. I tell him "mommy doesn't want to play with you when you bite." And then walk away. Sometimes he will lay on his bed. Sometimes he rocks and sometimes he plays. When he comes out he says sorry and then we hug and go play.

At this point I just want him to understand that when he hurts people they don't want to play with him.
  • Options
    @needutonite Emma does the same thing with time outs we are just peristant and block her into her timeout chair (stand in front). She laughs and goes back to her bad activity then goes back in to timeout. Eventually she stops being bad but when she gets in a crazy mood it can last hours.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    My mom had us put our nose on the wall. Every time we left before time was up, we got added time. We were known to be on the wall for hours.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    It's 10:45 here and Alexis is bouncing off the walls. She took a later nap, but it was also a lot shorter.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    So my "darkest brown" hair is indeed very dark. I loves it! :D

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    @Sillygirl85‌ That makes sense. I was just turning my gears trying to think of why you couldn't still try next month to still be pregnant with your friend, but your reasons are understandable :)
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    We had a busy day yesterday, errands then the fair. Today we are just relaxing. Little man woke up all snoty so I think hr might have a cold. wE are currently snuggled up in my bed watching Mickey mouse clubhouse.

• Options
    Hung up a mountain of laundry and still gave more in the dryer that needs to be hung. Going to a birthday party this afternoon at the neighbors house. Other then that hanging out and watching football tonight. I should go grocery shopping at some point though.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Ds2 is sick. Went to Ped today and got antibiotics. Hope he will feel better soon. Try to out him down for a nap but he fell asleep in the car on the way home so it is trickier then normal. Gave him some meds. Dh is fillin his prescription.

• Options
    @Wally3 poor thing! What's wrong with him? Hope he feels better soon!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I'm hanging with the girls while H closes up our pool. C is pissed. She keeps yelling "swim! Go pool! Swimming!" Sorry kiddo, it's 55 degrees.
    Later were watching the packer game and eating food that's bad for us :)
  • Options
    I'm exhausted. At 2 am B woke up crying hysterically screaming "shoes on. Put back on shoes!" Then at 6am she decided it was time to wake up and take a shower. She's nuts.

• Options
    @needutonite and the other ladies dealing with aggression. Research does say that the peak of aggression is between 2 and 3, so hang in there. And like @mbm1983 said being consistent with how you deal with aggression should help though it may take a while.
  • Options
    CnAnA said:

@Wally3 poor thing! What's wrong with him? Hope he feels better soon!

An ear infection and conjustion. Hopefully antibiotics will help and he will feel better soon.

• Options
    So I stopped breast feeding, I think. Yesterday was the first day I didn't nurse or pump. I'm kinda sad, mostly bc Annabel keeps rooting at my boobs and making a "whyyyyy mom?" Face at me. But my supply was junk - Friday I pumped about a half oz all day, and nursed for about 30 seconds. All the tricks to boost supply were making me stressed and frustrated and not working. So I just decided to forget it and save my sanity.
  • Options
    Just got back from trying out new tablets at Best Buy.  Alice was so.very.tired but she was a champ.  Even a sleepy whiny mess, she listened and stopped when I told her to stop, etc.  So proud of her!  I did decide on the Surface 2.  I'll get it later this week or next weekend though.  Silly husband actually wants to have the money to buy it before we buy it.  Damn him and his logic! ;)

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"