May 2012 Moms
Options

favorite toys/games

What are you kidlettes into now a days?

Sophia loves water paints and her play food. She is still addicted to Peppa Pig and can quote most of the episodes. Thankfully she also watches some classic Scoobie Doo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: favorite toys/games

• Options
    Playdoh!  He loves taking little bits and squishing it into paper, to kind of make a picture.

Also duplo, we've been stacking and building together :)
  • Options

DD is obsessed with Thomas and all things train and truck related.  We had a local event last weekend where the kids got to climb inside real construction trucks, police cars, and ambulances. She loved it.  She will play make-believe with just about anything.  Crayons become trains, Little People turn into her cousins, whatever, and she acts out all of these scenarios like parties, dancing, going on trips.  Then she'll make up her own Dora "We Did It" song like they sing at the end of every Dora episode. It's hilarious to watch.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    littleredfishlittleredfish member
    edited September 2014
    Coloring and playdoh mostly. Dinosaurs and animals are her favorite things to learn about. We went to the zoo last weekend and she lost her mind over the giraffes. There is a "walking with dinosaurs" show not too far from here, and I want to get tickets to it as part of her Christmas present (yes, I'm thinking about Christmas and it's giving me anxiety).
    Season 1 of Bubble Guppies is on Netflix and I think I an quote most of the episodes. It's unreasonable for Netflix to put only one season of ANY kids show on. Parents need variety.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @littleredfish I've been thinking about introducing PlayDoh but I'm afraid of the mess factor.

• Options
    @littleredfish I've been thinking about introducing PlayDoh but I'm afraid of the mess factor.
    Mess hasn't been a big issue. The first thing we showed her was how the little pieces "disappear" when you put a big piece on them so she's always cleaning up without realizing she's cleaning up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS is really in to building blocks right now (Megablocks and Duplo). He also really likes his trains.

After a year of only Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, he is finally willing to branch out a bit. His current favorites are Thomas, Chuggington, Doc, Jake, and Sherriff Callie. Sometimes I can get him to watch Super Why because I feel like it is more educational.
  • Options

DD loves stickers right now! We try to make sure that the stickers end up on paper and not on anything else. I just bought her some sticker books and she loves them.

DD also loves My Little Pony toys, but doesn't really watch the show. I guess she just likes ponies.

Her favorite shows right now are Team Umizoomi (she learns so much from this show!), Paw Patrol, Dora, and Sheriff Callie.

Outside activities include bubbles, soccer (or anything with a ball), "tag", and shoveling and/or raking.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I worry about this too, especially since DD recently stopped using her high chair and is now sitting at the regular kitchen table. This makes it things much harder since she's not contained to one space.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"