2nd Trimester
Options

nausea meds

My OB just prescribed me some nausea meds... They are $200! Does that sound right??? My first pg was a breeze, so I didn't have to take anything besides prenatals.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: nausea meds

• Options
    Ouch - is there no generic option and does your insurance not cover them at all?

Something that worked wonders for me was a combo of unisom and B6, maybe that's worth a shot before you splurge..

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ouch - is there no generic option and does your insurance not cover them at all?

Something that worked wonders for me was a combo of unisom and B6, maybe that's worth a shot before you splurge..
    I do not know, the OB did the prescription online. I didn't even get to see the name of the med. I will try the Unisom + b6 combo for a few days and see how it goes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor prescribed the same thing ' I called her back she said that that pill was basically b12 and unisom. Then she called me in something a lot cheaper, call your doctor back
  • Options
    My midwife gave me a prescription for nausea and when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up, the pharmacist actually switched it to the generic version for me. It cost me $7 I believe. This is what they gave me:

The only thing about the prescription she gave me was that I was only allowed to take it up to 3 times a day if I needed it.
    imageimage
    Quinn was born at 34 weeks weighing in at 5lbs 8oz and 19in long
  • Options
    It sounds like your doctor gave you Diclegis, I believe the generic is Diclectin. Ask your doctor if they have samples, since it's a new drug. Do you not have insurance? If not shop around, Costco and Walmart typically have the best prices.
  • Options
    I took something called promethazine (maybe the generic brand) but I don't think I paid more than my Rx copay. 
  • Options
    My Diclectin costs $100 a month, but is covered by insurance so I've only had to pay a $25 deductible over the past 4 months.  It's expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion.  I wouldn't have been able to continue working without it and kept losing weight.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. I just switched insurances and I am not sure of the co-pays. I had the unisom and b6 yesterday and felt better today. I will keep trying for a few more days and re-assess.
  • Options
    Yuristar said:
    Try sea bands, they are a amazing :)
    I did.. they did not do the trick for me.
  • Options

Diclegis is unisom + B6.  Both cheap and OTC.  The dose is a bit different, but half a tablet of unisom is 12.5 mg of doxylamine succinate; one diclegis is 10mg.  B6 is water soluble and you will pee out excess; I don't know the exact details of the dose for the B6 but you can google diclegis and find out what is in each pill.

Zofran is expensive if it isn't the generic, but a generic is available now.

Uh, I take the generic Zofran and my lovely insurance decided to only cover 30 pills per month and I usually have to take two pills a day. When I buy out of pocket, it cost me $10 per pill for the generic.
  • Options
    Same here I went to purchase nausea meds my doctor prescribed and they told me 200$ thankfully my mom put me in her insurance and I got it for 40$
  • Options
    Diclegis was $500 for me, $100 after a manufacturer's coupon. My prenatals are $80 a month. Insurance is just shitty.
    Daisypath Vacation tickersBabyFetus Ticker
    Married 19 October 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 3 July 2014
    EDD: Pi Day 2015
  • Options
    My insurance just started covering Dicegis, I was paying $480 for 60 days worth. I was so happy to hear $28 this last time. I kept paying it because it's the only thing that works for me.
    If your doctor doesn't have the coupon they are on the manufacturers website. Good luck!
    5 IUIs and an IVF
    It's all worth it for Baby Boy, born 9/30/13!
    What do you know, Baby Girl just popped up! Due 1/2/15
  • Options
    Hearing that Diclegis costs that much is crazy. I've been taking it for about 2 and a half months now but the bottles I've had have been samples given to me by my doctor. Ask if that is an option and if not continue with the unisom and b6.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"