2nd Trimester
Options

16 week appointment is next week

My doctor is refusing to do a ultrasound till 20 week appointment. How can I convince them to do it at 16 week appointment. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I will be switching to a birthing center mid October so this will most likely be my last appointment with my hospital and I would really love to know the gender before switching over to Birthing Center considering that Ultrasounds are extra money over there and my insurance doesn't cover BC's already so it will be more money out of my pocket.

Re: 16 week appointment is next week

• Options
    Ya that is what I figured I would have to do. It is just silly to me. I am not asking for multiple US I just want one before I switch over to birthing center.
  • Options
    I mean, and it's possible I'm very wrong here, but even a Birthing Center is going to do an Anatomy Scan. I can't imagine that they would not do one. I mean, they're the one essential ultrasound, right? I don't think I'd be seen anywhere that wouldn't do one (not for the sex, but for all of the measurements and developmental info). It's also done at a relatively specific time so that they have a metric for all of the things they'll be looking for. Why not stay with your OB/hospital until closer to the birth?

Honestly, if you're going to switch now, I'd budget to cover the A/S at wherever you are going to be seen. Also, you might have to have follow-up u/s if they don't get everything they need.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was wondering that too--I know a birthing center here that doesn't do them in house but definitely makes sure that they are done at the hospital next door, so I'd look into that.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    There are U/S facilities that will for do an U/S for a price. Just google "ultrasound [your city here]" if you 'have' to know. The 20 wk is to check anatomy. Sex is just a plus.  Or you could just be patient and save money.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimage

I'm a Dork. I Can't Wait for Dumb and Dumber To!

ME 28 - DH 30 ♥♥Married 7/25/2009♥♥
    Father's Day 2014 - 6/15/14 BFP!
    DD Born 12/8/2011 I Love my Mini-Me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"