Pregnant after 35
Options

When was the first High Risk appointment?

I'm curious, When was your first high risk appointment?  I don't have one scheduled until 12 weeks for the 1st trimester screen.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

Re: When was the first High Risk appointment?

• Options
    My High Risk consult is next Wed at the 13 week mark.  My doctor is sending me just to be on the safe side because I'm 37 and have Multiple Sclerosis.  But, I have had no issues at all so far, so they may just release me after the appointment. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am 22 weeks and just found out I am being referred to a HR dr for the reminder of my pregnancy. I have GD and will have to probably start insulin. No idea when they will get me in yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have yet to have one and I'm about a month away from my due date.  I'm 36 so AMA, but so far I've had a completely uncomplicated pregnancy.  Perhaps your one at 12 weeks will be the only one needed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I expected I'd have one sooner and someone would offer NIPT or something

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I had my first high risk appt (but I have T2 diabetes as well as being AMA) at a little over 10 weeks.  I had a nurse appt at the high risk OB office a couple weeks prior to that.  You're still OK for early testing (NIPT) at 12w as well as the NT scan if you opt to go that route as well so you should be just fine at 12w. Good Luck!
    DS #1  2/2010
  • Options
    @banana2020 Oh good!  Thanks that makes me feel a little better.  I think because my blood thinners are already controlled by a hematologist they aren't in any other rush to get me to that office.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    13 weeks was my first appointment with an MFM 

(twins, autoimmune , blood clotting issue)
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I'm only 8 weeks now but my 1st appointment with the perinatologist is scheduled for 10w 4d I think. I expected to find out I have GD at my midwife appointment that morning. :/
  • Options
    It's weird to read everyone's experiences with HR.  I have a regular OB.  She only sends me to the prenatal department for my old pregnant lady tests (NT scan/blood work and other tests if we choose) and the 20 week anatomy scan.  I was diagnosed with GD around week 27 of my pregnancy last time and fully expect it again, sooner, this time; however, she still won't turn me over to anyone else.  I'll just end up going to the prenatal dept for weekly ultrasounds in the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy, in addition to still seeing her weekly.  It's what happened last time.  Other than having GD and my water breaking at 35w5d which forced a premature delivery, my pregnancy was smooth.  Heck, my son, the preemie, was perfect and came home with us 2 days later. :-)  I am so hoping this one is the same as that one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    BabyBliss76BabyBliss76 member
    edited September 2014
    I just have a regular OB. I did with my last I had her at 36. I will be 38 when I have this one. He has not said anything about it and he did not last time. I do live in a smaller town and have never had any health problems while being pregnant. I would probably have to drive out of town to see one. Lol! I don't see why I would need one. My Ob has been delivering babies for around 30+ years or so I would guess. When I was there the other day I asked the nurse if he was planning on retiring soon. Lol! Wanted to make sure I did not need to find someone else!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I went to my High Risk appointment today, and it was mostly a waste of time.  I didn't learn anything new. Unless you have a specific pregnancy complication, I really wouldn't worry about going.   

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited September 2014
    My first appt. was 12 weeks to do the NT scan and NIPT blood draws. I had another at 18 weeks for the anatomy scan. I had a third at 34 wks. for just a growth u/s which seemed totally unnecessary because I hadn't been having any problems, I think my OB just thought I would like to see another u/s at the HR place.
  • Options
    My appt with MFM is scheduled for 12 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"