Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Smashed finger - any experience with this?

My little guy had his finger smashed in a heavy door at daycare about 4 weeks ago. We were seen by his pedi after the fact; the doc was not concerned about a fracture. LO is in the process of losing that nail, which is gross, but doesn't really seem to bother him. My question to those with any experience with this: that finger is still kind of red from the tip to the first joint. Is this a normal part of the healing process as the new nail is growing in? I called the nurse line this week and again, they seem unconcerned (unless there are signs of infection). It just seems like a long time post-injury to *still* be red. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks and happy Friday!

Re: Smashed finger - any experience with this?

• Options
    My son smashed his finger as well (although I have no idea when it happened!) I looked one day and could tell his nail was starting to unattach itself. It took a couple weeks and the whole thing fell off - didn't bother him at all. The new nail is currently growing in, the nail bed itself is red but I don't think the tip of his finger is red.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"