September 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN Check-in

Good evening ladies! I was hoping we could do middle of the night check ins. I loved them on my other BMB.

It's only 10pm here now, but I've been up all hours of the night all week and wanted to reach out to anyone else who's up tonight too.

DD is hopefully at the end of a cluster feeding marathon and I'll get some sleep soon. I'm sleeping on the couch these days because it hurts to much to climb in and out of bed still. DD has been kind to me... giving me one or two 3 hour stretches of sleep each night, it's mostly my own inability to get comfortable keeping me up.

Anyone else up right now? How are you doing?

Re: MOTN Check-in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm up! Trying to get LO to finish this nursing session. If I let him have his way he'd just fall back asleep and be up in an hour. As long as I get him to eat enough he will give me 2-3. I'm watching Friends to try and keep myself awake too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It's about 2:30am here and omg am I exhausted. LO had been finally getting on a decent sleep schedule and two days ago he started to fall off the wagon again waking up all hours of the night and refusing to go back to sleep for any good stretch of time. I think he is hitting a growth spurt or something because he constantly needs to be nursing and seems to be draining me which he wasn't even close to doing before. Thinking about getting stuff to make lactation cookies tomorrow to up my supply a little for him. No idea if it will actually help but the though of getting him full enough to get a three hour stretch of sleep is appealing.
  • Options
    3:45 - just finishing a quick feed. Dd is 8 days old and my nips are slowly adjusting. But she are from 7:45-10:30 tonight, with a few short potty breaks thrown in for me. It's painful and frustrating going for that long. But this is the first baby I haven't supplemented formula and I so would rather not start yet. Guess we shall have to see how she is gaining at our next appt.
    image        image
  • Options
    Harrison has been such a good sleeper that tonight is throwing me for a loop. He's already nursed twice on each side and we've been up since 2:15. It's 4:00 now. We have a full day tmrw with doctor Appts, visitors, and my MIL hanging around. Praying we can both sleep soon.
  • Options
    12:30 here now and we're back up nursing. So, that was 2.5 hours of sleep. Yay! Norco has worn off though, I can tell. Probably going to stay up a little for a midnight snack and take some more.

@mambonumber5‌ Hope you're getting some sleep now.

@ambershaw512‌ Congrats on the BFing success!

@katalina86‌ Congrats on Elijah surpassing his birth weight! DD was at the same weight she was the day we left the hospital when we saw the pedi on Monday so I think we're gaining over here now too.

@Monicavickery‌ I hope your LC calls you back soon and you can resolve your latch issues.

@MrsLaLaBug‌ Don't even get me started on my elephant feet. I thought I had avoided them this time because my feet were still normal when I left the hospital. One day home and they showed up, ugh!

@GingerGiraffe‌ I hope you're sleeping now! Day/night reversal sucks!

@Damasked‌ Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I hope you feel better soon.

@hizah05‌ Even though my siggy says supernatural, I've been binging on house to stay awake. Already into season 4.

@alanaw121‌ Even if the cookies don't help they're still cookies! But seriously, I feel you.. growth spurts are drainin, hope you get some rest soon.

@JudyBlume14‌ Sounds like my first night at the hospital. DD gave me almost no rest all night long!
  • Options
    Ok, I type slow on mobile half asleep it seems. Lol.

@carolyn231723‌ I haven't gotten to those molars yet, but am dreading them after having gone through all of DS's canines at once! Ouch!

@Irisheyes1247‌ Congrats on BFing so well! The long feeds are so hard. FX for some great weight gain!

@criscbish‌ I'm sorry. (hugs)

@PintoBean77‌ FX!!

@AbbyLee621‌ I hope you're getting some sleep now.
  • Options
    DS woke up for a minute there, but DH got him back down. DD is still nursing, hope this means I'll get another couple hours of sleep. I'm glad people like the check in. :-)
  • Options
    portentosaportentosa member
    edited September 2014
    @crystalangel79‌ OMG!! That is the best update!!! I'm so happy for you! Nothing better than skin to skin time. Awww, I am really really happy for you. I hope your H gets better soon so he can hold her too.
  • Options
    It is after 4 am here. LO has let me sleep about 1 hr so far....I am really hoping she realizes night time is for sleeping soon

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Options
    This is a great idea. Second night in hospital at 330 am for me. Trying to do a feed although he is super sleepy. I'm battling very sore nipples right now although everyone comments on his great latch. The nurse mentioned he may be a little tongue tied so need to get that checked more tomorrow but overall he's doing great with nursing. I'm just tickled he seems interested in it since DS1 wanted nothing to do with the boob.

@crystalangel79‌ I'm so happy you had such an amazing day and got to hold DD. I'm praying for her continued recovery and hope your husband feels well enough soon so he can hold her also.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Options
    It's 4:40 am here and I'm trying to get baby girl to get a decent nursing session in. She would much rather be sleeping, and so would I.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @crystalangel79‌ - amazing! Yay!

3:30am here.hoping little man stays on long enough to make it to 6 or 6:30. Dreading his next feeding because my left nipple is tore up from when we were in the hospital, and latching is still a struggle.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    Im up her also at. 3:03 now but my little miles is still inside and causing me loads of pain. I have had cramping since yesterday and such terrible back pain I don't know how I can continue. I almost peed the bed trying getting up and then nearly couldn't walk to the bathroom once I did get up. It's time little man, it's time.

@crystalangel79‌ Oh my gosh!! So amazing!!! I'm so happy you got to hold her! Isn't it amazing how just holding you baby can have such an effect on them? Still sending prayers she continues to recover and do so well. You are both such strong girls.
  • Options
    It's about 3:10 here and Emma seems to just want to know that the boob is there in case she wants it. If I put it away she fusses like she is hungry until I try to nurse her, then she licks the nip before settling back into her nap.... My daughter is weird.... Oh well at least she's eating now and I can sleep after this. Her next feeding will be with dad and be her supplemental bottle so I can hopefully get a few more hours of sleep.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just past midnight here, and we are getting ready to go upstairs after I soak the bottles I used for my pumping earlier today.  I'm still pretty much EP to help keep up my supply while we work on T's latch. 

We have a WIC appointment tomorrow to get our benefits for him, and I have to go by the hospital I delivered at to pick up some bloodwork results.  I think I am gonna pop in and talk to the LC that we have been working with to see if I can set up an appointment with her now that I'm having more success with my supply.

*Hugs* @1983lindsey.  We had to supplement with formula at the beginning because T was in the NICU for his blood sugar and our main concern was getting him out sooner.  Keep pumping, and trying to get him to latch.  T will be 3 weeks old on Thursday, and it's getting better day by day with him.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options
    Thanks! @tromboner‌ you're right cookies are still cookies even if they don't work but I hope they do.

It's 6:30 and my little prince has been up since 5 with no signs that sleep for me will come soon. He's just been nursing a little every ten minutes then taking a break to look around in what I can only assume is an effort to torture me until I just let him sleep with me out of defeat.
  • Options
    5:51am - close enough to 6 for me. And latch was pretty successful/not painful!

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

• Options

Does almost 7 am qualify as MOTN? It sure feels like it these days.

I've lost all sense of time and date in the last 6 days.

image    image

• Options
    Damasked said:
    Just finished up a feeding but I'm too uncomfortable to sleep. I have a fever, body chills, and abdominal pain. Gonna call the doc tomorrow because that seems abnormal, especially to start randomly at a week and a half postpartum. Thankfully DD is sleeping 2-3 hours at a time now, so I've been able to rest.
    @Damasked, are you nursing? If so, I would call ASAP, it could be the beginning signs of mastitis! Feel better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    portentosaportentosa member
    edited September 2014
    @1983lindsey‌ ((huge hugs))

@starmile‌ GL at the pedi today!

It's 5am and we're up again eating. So another 3 hour block horray!
  • Options
    suitern said:

Damasked said:

Just finished up a feeding but I'm too uncomfortable to sleep. I have a fever, body chills, and abdominal pain. Gonna call the doc tomorrow because that seems abnormal, especially to start randomly at a week and a half postpartum. Thankfully DD is sleeping 2-3 hours at a time now, so I've been able to rest.

@Damasked, are you nursing? If so, I would call ASAP, it could be the beginning signs of mastitis! Feel better.

I was thinking this too but I had already put my phone away last night when it came to me. I had it once, it's awful. Either way, feel better!!

@crystalangel79‌ I'm so happy for you!! That's great news that you got to hold her and I'm glad she's doing well. :)

• Options
    My ipad was dead during his MOTN feelings so I missed this thread. Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling. My LO will only latch using a shield and even then its hit or miss.

We did have an awesome feed this morning and he is feeding well now. Fx it keeps up.

@ crystalangel79 reading about you finally getting skin to sin made me cry! So glad that was finally able to happen for you!
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    @crystalangel79‌ Wow!!! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and Madeline's progress!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @crystalangel79‌ so glad you finally got to hold her. I remember my first time holding my twins. My wait was only 2.5days but it was the longest 2.5 days of my life. I cried. Actually reading that you finally got to hold her instantly brought tears to my eyes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"