Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler light "alarm clock" recommendations

mb314mb314 member
edited September 2014 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
We've finally sleep trained DS (using the Sleep Lady Shuffle) - he no longer sleeps in our bed 1/2 the night, and doesn't need to be rocked to sleep.  YAY for us.  Anyway, the downside is that DS is waking up between 4:45 and 5:30 am, and does not go back to sleep for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a stretch.  It's killing me (I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and miss that last 1 to 1.5 hours of sleep I'm losing).  I would like to try one of those light alarm clocks - one where the light comes on when it's time to get up, but there's a no sound option so if DS is still sleeping, it doesn't wake him up.   The clocks I've seen on Amazon seem to have mixed reviews - so....recommend one that you've used (if you've used one).

Thanks!

Edited for typos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler light "alarm clock" recommendations

• We've got the Okay to Wake clock for DS1 that we've been using since he was 3.  We started using it when we switched him from a crib to a twin bed and he took to it right away.  It didn't help him sleep longer but he stayed quiet and in his room until the clock turned green.  We've been using it nightly for 3 years and it's still going strong.  
  • DD didn't care about hers. She still came into our bed at night or woke up. She saw it as just an extra night light.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks - it may not work, but I figure it's worth a shot. 

• We have the one with the bunny on it-- sleeping and walking outside. It took a few mornings of us going in her room and sitting with her until "the bunny woke up," but it worked after that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"