Potty Training
Options

Advice?

DD is 2.5, showing signs of being ready (can tell me when she has to poop - although sometimes it's a trap to get me to pay attention to her - holds her pee overnight and during naps, grabs her diaper when she has to pee, etc. etc.) but will. not. use the potty.

We've had it for a while, and she has used it a few times (each time, lots of praise, we keep treats in the bathroom that are just for potty etc.) but now that she really seems ready she just won't. She'll say "poop" and we'll say do you have to poop? and she'll say no and then poop in her diaper. OR we'll run her to the potty and she'll sit there for 5 minutes doing nothing, say all done, get up and put her diaper/pants back on and poop 2 minutes later.

The only thing I've noticed that I thought might be part of the issue is she always points to the inside of the potty and says "ucky" - so I've been trying to make her realize it is AWESOME to put the ucky stuff into the potty because then we can just flush it away! MAGIC!

We've also upped the ante for using the potty - we bought some boys pull ups that have Tow Mater (her current fave) on them and they came with stickers...so we told her if she uses the potty she gets a tow mater pull up (we are withholding them until she starts using the potty) PLUS a sticker PLUS a treat. And she gets that because I can ask her what she gets if she uses the potty and she rattles off that list like she wrote it and sounds super excited. She also mentions it when I take her for a potty attempt, like if I do this I get all this stuff! but then doesn't actually go...

Any suggestions? I've been thinking about doing a weekend of underpants (or totes nude) to see if we can get her to go.

Re: Advice?

• Options
    Lol...I think we might be over bribing too, but it kind of happened by accident because she wanted those Mater pullups so bad so we just decided the whole box (pull ups, stickers etc.) would be held pending potty usage.

I have been dumping the contents of her pull ups into the toilet but not consistently so maybe I will try that more...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"