Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Picking at my elbows!

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting in the toddler group. Just as a little mommy bio, I stay at home with my 15 month old DD and am currently TTC.

Anyone experience your toddlers picking at your skin? She picks at my elbows while nursing and it's so painful! We teach her "gentle hands" and it normally works, except for this particular time It almost seems as if it is comforting for her because she usually falls asleep after a couple minutes of doing this. It's been going on about a month and nothing seems to work! Stuffed animals, trimmed nails, long sleeves... she won't stop.

Re: Picking at my elbows!

• Options
    Yes! My 17 month old always picks at my armpits (gross) and grabs at the collar and sleeves of my shirt, especially when we are cuddling and/or trying to get him to sleep. It is super annoying but it seems to be a calming mechanism for him and he gets really frustrated when I try to get him to stop. I'm not sure how to stop it!

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Options
    My son pinches the back of my "fat arm", it hurts!! He doesn't realize it hurts me though.  The way I think about it, is that it is a continuous reminder that I need to lose weight!! haha.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS used to pinch the stew out of me. I finally was able to get him to use a lovey and now he rubs the lovey or rubs it on his face to sleep instead of pinching me.
    imageimage
  • Options
    This isn't exactly the same, but DS loves to run his fingers through my hair while falling asleep, and often pulls it too hard or gets his fingers tangled and rips pieces of my hair out. We found him a lovey doll with yarn hair to use instead, it helped a lot. He runs his fingers through her yarn hair instead, and seems to like it fine. Any chance of finding a lovey of some sort that would be an elbow substitute? Maybe not just a plain stuffed animal, but something that's maybe a soft leather, or would have a similar texture?
  • Options
    I'm gonna try to give her a lovie again. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Options
    My friend's daughter sleeps between her mom and dad, and she keeps punching on their chins..They say this is because mom and dad's chins feel so differently to touch...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"