Parenting after a Loss

*~* Infant Check In *~*

Happy Monday ladies!! How are those gorgeous babies and fabulous mamas doing today?

Milestones:

Challenges:

Funny/cute stories:

QOTW: What is your favorite thing about the current stage that your LO is in?

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk

Re: *~* Infant Check In *~*

• @mamalamb10‌ How much fun that he's standing all the time! He'll be cruising in no time! Sorry to hear that he's still up 2-3 times a night. I have read that after a while it becomes habit over hunger. Maybe try rocking him back to sleep before offering the breast. Also, I got A down to one motn feeding by dream feeding right before we go to bed. I just lay her in bed with me and pop her on the boob while she's asleep, then put her back in her bassinet. She never wakes up and her belly is full a little longer.

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Loading the player...
  • @Qfrump‌ Yayyyyy for no more nipple shield!!! I feel the same way about nothing being consistent. My mom babysits on Tuesdays and she asked me when she's due to eat next and I was like "who the hell knows". Sometimes she goes 3 hours and sometimes she's starving after only 2 hours.

@princezjk‌ Sorry you're having quite a few challenges. Similar to qfrump, they seem to switch it up right when you have it figured out! I will say that when I returned to work I was sure that there would be no way I could make it through the whole day with her still up several times at night. But I somehow do make it through every day. I'm not sure how, it seems like a physical impossibility at times, but moms are superhuman. You will do great!!

@MrsHamon09‌ Welcome!! I remember when we were both in the Ladies in Waiting check in on TTCAL and now we both have our rainbows! How exciting! Those first few weeks are magical! Enjoy them! Why not awake/ play time at night????? Lol!

image     image

• Milestones: LO is 6 weeks tomorrow. We're getting smiles a bit more frequently which I just love. I'll be anxious for the giggles next!

A not-fun milestone is that he had to have a VCUG procedure yesterday to check for reflux in his kidneys/bladder so they had to strap him down and catheterize him. :(  They didn't find any reflux which is great but I hated seeing him so upset while they did it.

Challenges: The only thing is that he's not crazy about his car seat and doesn't like the Beco yet which makes trips to the store difficult if he's not asleep. He also cannot stand to be the tiniest bit wet so we go through diapers like crazy. I hope he outgrows that soon!

Funny/cute stories: He's starting to react to us more and already just stares adoringly at his big brother.

QOTW: What is your favorite thing about the current stage that your LO is in? The smiles and the snuggles. He's been a much easier newborn than DS1 was so I get to enjoy everything more this time which I'm grateful for because I was kind of dreading going through the newborn stage again.
  • Milestones: He can climb stairs. It's scary. Mostly he stays away from the stairs but last night he climbed up on the fireplace hearth thing (I don't know what it's called, it's like a raised area around the fireplace) and he tried to climb off head first and hit his noggin pretty hard. 

Challenges: Falling and hitting his head all. the. time. When does this get better??

Funny/cute stories: The first time he could use his walking toy thing by himself I clapped for him and said 'YAY ISAAC!' and he smiled then he grabbed my face and gave me one of his open mouth wet kisses. I almost started crying it was so sweet. 

QOTW: I love watching him learn how to crawl and walk. I'm excited (and scared!) for him to start walking. It won't be long, I know it. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Milestones: He's one month old tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the past month has gone.

Challenges: DH thinks that every little, itty-bitty spit-up is the end of the world. Granted, we had major spit-up concerns the first week, so I can see how that put him on edge, but he really needs to accept that babies spit up a little. He's not vomiting, and he's not even spitting up much, so my DH needs to chill out. :-P

Funny/cute stories: We have a forest and animal theme in R.'s nursery. I was burping him the other morning, and I saw him pause and his eyes got bigger as he looked at the deer decal on the wall. It was funny to see him notice something for the first time in such a dramatic fashion. 

QOTW: What is your favorite thing about the current stage that your LO is in? Related to the story above, it's fun to see him discover new things. You can just tell his senses are starting to kick in more and that he's absorbing so much information about the world.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• princezjk said:
    I had the realization that I return to work in about 4 weeks and just don't feel like either of us is ready.   :((

R. is supposed to start day care in 3.5 weeks, and I am having the same freak out. I think there are so many transitions with a new baby already that the day care/going back to work transition just seems so daunting. 

So, I get it. Hugs to you. 

CafeMom Tickers

• I'm late again!

Milestones - We had PT and Dietician appointments this week and DD is progressing so well! She is sitting up like a champ and really wants to get moving. She also STTN the last 2 nights, oh how I wish we could go back to that every night.

Challenges - She has the cognitive development to want to crawl and move but her arms are still way too weak for that, so she gets frustrated at times. I hope she can use that to work hard and get crawling. She's been having crazy teething behaviours forever but still no teeth. 

Cute/Funny Stories - She now likes to pull over her little toy bin and take out every single toy lol 

QOTW - She is starting to do so much. I love watching her as she does new things, and you can see that she is thinking and learning all of the time.

• @mmsweeney1 - that is a great face! :) 

CafeMom Tickers

• princezjk said:

I had the realization that I return to work in about 4 weeks and just don't feel like either of us is ready.   :((

R. is supposed to start day care in 3.5 weeks, and I am having the same freak out. I think there are so many transitions with a new baby already that the day care/going back to work transition just seems so daunting. 

So, I get it. Hugs to you. 

((Hugs)) it's hard but they get so happy to see you at the end of the day. It's great!

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"