August 2013 Moms
Options

Haircut question...

If your LO has needed a haircut yet, (which I'm sure they may have) do you just do it yourself? Or do you take them to a salon/barber shop? I just can see spending money on a few snips, but I feel if I attempt to cut it myself I'll royally screw it up! Lol! What do you guys do?

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

Re: Haircut question...

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Jax has really light, fine hair so we've just been letting it grow. It's getting a bit long, but I love nothing more than a little boy with a bit of shaggy hair so no haircuts here.. yet. 

But when we do decide to take him, I'll take him to a salon or barber. I'm totally aware I'd mess up his hair if I tried, so I won't even attempt it. 

• Options
    We have given DS 3 haircuts so far. One of us either holds him or we sit him on the bathroom counter. We have used both scissors and hair clippers to trim the bottom and around his ears. We always have to keep giving him new things to keep his attention, and the older he gets the harder it has been. He is way more wiggly than he used to be! Sometimes we will even do a little and then stop and come back and do more after a few minutes since he doesn't sit still for long periods of time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lil one hasn't had a hair cut but I've thought about it.. my MIL actually has a salon so I'm sure she will be giving her her first hair cut.
  • Options
    DS has already had two haircuts at the barbershop. I was surprised at how much they actually cut off considering how much hair he still had afterwards. Dh and I tried just cutting his bangs, and that went terribly wrong. We're sticking with the barber.

Side note: the barber has a bumbo-like chair that sits on a smaller barber chair that rests across a regular sized barber chair. It's too flippin cute!
  • Options
    My first had TONS of hair and needed regular haircuts from about 5 months on. Since he has been going to the hair cutting place for so long (he's 3 now) haircuts are a breeze for him! My second was born with not much hair at all! So we haven't had to do that yet for him. I never attempted cutting it myself because of an awful self bang trim I inflicted on myself that was forever captured in my 8th grade yearbook photo...
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    I took him for a trim to a salon that specializes in kids and they screwed it up royally.  His hairline was a zigzag in the back after their "pro" cut.   We got it fixed at Supercuts.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for all of your answers. I'm pretty sure I'll take her to someone now.

@vulpini‌
    How dumb did they feel? I wold have been pissed!

The certificate thing is so cute!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    I would go to a kids haircut shop. It's really pretty cheap, I think we pay $15 and I'm in Los Angeles.
  • Options
    @vulpini‌ How dumb did they feel? I wold have been pissed! The certificate thing is so cute!!
    I was pissed and really upset.  They offered to fix it, but I just didn't want to go back there.  I left them a bad yelp review.  They have several other reviews on there talking about jagged crooked cuts.  It might be the one stylist we got.  Another mom I know who goes there regularly made a face when I said the name of the stylist that butchered E's cut.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I take LO to have her hair cut at a place that specializes in kid's cuts.... she has needed TWO so far. Her hair grows really fast.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Once she gets to the point of needing it, we already are planning on taking her to the barber shop in the Magic Kingdom at WDW and doing the special they have there. Its like $20 and they do a whole ceremony and such. I cant wait to do it

• Options
    He's bold but his hair is horribly uneven that he does have. I made him an appt for the 24th to clean it up. A friend of ours does hair, so she will do it at her salon.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Alex has been needing haircuts since he was six months old, so we go to a kids' haircut place. (He loves the balloon after!)

One thing I'm glad I did -- I asked my husband to take Alex to all of his haircuts (Well, I took him to the first one because I didn't want to miss it), as a fun daddy/son activity. But it means that I get a Saturday morning to myself every once in a while!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"