Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Another double stroller question... City Mini vs. Mountain Buggy vs. Snap Duo

I am expecting my second child next month, my son will be 23 months old when he or she arrives. I cannot make a decision on a double stroller! We have looked at the Mountain Buggy Duet and the City Mini Double in person, and while I like them both, I'm intrigued by the Valco Snap Duo (and its lower price point). Unfortunately I can't find the Snap locally so I would have to order it online without trying it first.

We currently have an Uppababy Vista which we love (and don't want to sell as we will still use it frequently). We live in an urban area in Canada so the stroller will be used as a primary mode of transportation in all types of weather. (I'm concerned about the Snap's performance in the snow, but if it comes down to it I could wear the new baby and use our Vista for the older one). We have a small home and the stroller will be stored indoors so size, weight, and ease of folding are factors as well. We don't think we'll need a car seat adapter as all of the strollers recline for an infant, although we haven't fully decided yet so feedback is welcome on those as well.

Does anyone have experience with these strollers, or have another suggestion for me? I'm overwhelmed and don't want to make the wrong decision. Thanks in advance!

Re: Another double stroller question... City Mini vs. Mountain Buggy vs. Snap Duo

• Options
    Have you thought about getting the rumble seat? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I have thought about it but I don't think it's the best choice for us. I've heard from a few people that the rumble seat isn't very comfortable/makes the stroller hard to steer/makes the basket unusable. My son isn't even two yet, so we use the stroller a ton and I don't want something that he's uncomfortable in or that isn't easy to push. Not to mention he's already exceeded the weight limit for it (he's a giant). So I think we'll need a dedicated double stroller with two full-sized seats.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FmrAFBratFmrAFBrat member
    edited September 2014
    Look at the Valco Twin Tri Mode as well. It doesn't weigh much more than the City Mini, but it has large wheels. I have the Snap Duo and it's great in grass, over curbs, & in mud..but I'm guessing you get more snow there than a few inches. To be fair it doesn't snow big amounts here often so I've never tried it in the snow. I know there's a single snap 4 with special snow wheels, but nothing in a double.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"