Nurseries and Baby Gear

Infant Optics monitor

Hi

We are looking for a video monitor & I was wondering if anyone had the Infant Optics DXR-8. It has good reviews on Amazon, but am wondering if it is worth the price. I am also considering the cheaper Motorola MBP33, but I like that the infant optics has the tilt feature. Although I don't know if that is truly necessary. There seem to be so many variable with all of these monitors & I just don't know which one to choose. 

Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Infant Optics monitor

• Not sure of that specific Motorola but our Motorola has the pan/tilt feature.  We've had it for almost 3 years and it's been in constant use and still works great.  Clear picture, clear sound, 2-way talk, pan/tilt, zoom, can add up to 4 total cameras for each parent unit, and Motorola has amazing customer service.  

Our power cord to the parent unit stayed bent at a funky angle and the wires became exposed.  I went to order a new one and didn't see it on their site so I called Motorola to order one and they told me that they didn't make that specific replacement piece but that I could find a generic one online.  I looked online and the generic ones got bad reviews so I called them back and they ended up sending me one free of charge.  Monitor was well over 2 years old at that point so not under warranty but the lady I spoke to didn't even hesitate.  Love our Motorola and definitely think we've gotten well over our monies worth.
  • I upgraded from my Summers Infant Video Montior to this monitor and I am so glad I did. I absolutely love the the features. The tempature is listed on the monitor, the fact you can talk to baby without going in to settle them is nice, the multi camera feature is great! I would recommend this to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"