January 2014 Moms
Options

Probiotics?

are you giving your LO probiotics? If so, how and when? I'm interested in probiotics to regulate DS' bms but I'm not sure where to look, what brands are recommended and how to administer... Sorry if this question has been asked. Feel free to post the link to a previous thread if this has recently been discussed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Probiotics?

• Options
    I am interested in this as well.  When my husband was really sick and in the hospital last week, the nurse recommended that we take probiotics.  She said we can buy them in the refrigerated area of Whole Foods.  However, I haven't done any research on them and I don't now about it for DD.  I will put it on my list to ask the pediatrician at DD's 9 month appointment.  I am curious what other people do. 
  • Options
    We bought an expensive refrigerated kind because we heard so many good things about them. I figured with all of DDs reflux and tummy issues it couldn't hurt. I didn't notice one bit of difference so I stopped buying them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about adding yogurt to LO's diet? The live cultures are beneficial to digestion and tummy health.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    We have a powdered one that we got from sprouts. I don't use it all the time but it helps when he has tummy troubles. You give a .25 tsp in liquid of your choice. When he was super gassy and little I noticed a difference with it
  • Options
    I've used the culturelle for kids packets and the bottle of Udos Choice (can fund both on amazon). My Lo had bowel issues and would go only once a week... or longer (EBF). These helped a bunch when given regularly. He still gets them but since staring solids he doesn't seem to have any problems anymore. I'd recommend them! My chiropractor friend said to make sure the active cultures were in the millions or billions. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    itsmeally said:

There's one by Gerber called Soothe drops. We used them at the recommendation of our pedi. FWIW, we didn't notice any difference and the TINY bottle was $30!

We used them for the first 6 months. Dd was colicky. We noticed a huge difference with in a week. It was like a whole new baby. So it probably depends on the baby.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    I have only given LO probiotics when he is on Augmentin. I use the Culturelle for Kids and put it in his bottle.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I give LO culturelle. I open the capsule and rub the powder on his tongue or you can add to a bottle.
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • Options
    We use Ther-Biotic by Klaire Labs. It's a powder and I just put it on my finger and let her suck it off. You can add it to a bottle or food instead. The bottle is $30 but we are still on the first bottle.

I have never been sure if it helps, although I'm not very consistent about giving it to DD. It is one of those things that I figure can't hurt but might help.

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• Options
    kiki1978 said:

I have only given LO probiotics when he is on Augmentin. I use the Culturelle for Kids and put it in his bottle.

So DS just had the flu for 2 days. Worst days of my life. Bad diarrhea and vomiting. When I called DS dr. They gave me instructions on what to give him during and after he was sick. They also suggested a lactinex which I got the culturelle for kids. They suggested half a packet twice a day. I'm still trying to decide if I should continue it for awhile.
    @kiki1978‌
    Now the instructions say not to put it warm food or bottle?!?! What do u do? If it's put in something warm my understanding is that it's not as effective thoughts? DS will drink a cold bottle, he eats anything cold or warm, ha ha!!!

• Options
    @chicki1012 DS will only drink cold bottles, so I don't worry about. The doctor also said you could sprinkle it on food.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"