Pregnant after 35

Sick Ladies

Lol! So I feel like crap / nauseous all day long. Can not eat anything without major bloat and discomfort. I am so thirsty and water makes me feel worse if I drink very much. I am so sick of eating crackers and toast. Which don't make me feel better. I am very grateful that I have not been puking, but sometimes I think I might feel better if I did. With my last I was puking daily and that was awful, but sometimes I felt better after. Yuck! Anyway what is everyone eating??I need idea's!! I also feel like I am starving and need FOOD!!! Lol! So ladies that are in the same boat or have made there way out lets here it!! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sick Ladies

• My morning sickness lasted till about 16 weeks... I was vomiting without zofran and miserable even on it.

As for food... all you can do is eat what you can tolerate!  I was ok with a few things... crackers, pita chips, english muffin with butter, grilled cheese ( not too much cheese), baked potato with butter only, and occasionally milkshakes (vanilla only).

Even now I have a hard time eating certain foods.  Meat is especially tricky right now.  All I want at this point is dairy.  Atleast now I can choke down healthier food without getting sick.

Sorry you are so sick.. hopefully it will pass soon!  Hang in there!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

mdogan29BabyBliss76
  • Sorry about your MS @BabyBliss76.  I'm in my second trimester now and was hoping the nausea would have abated.  But, no.  It still lingers.  It used to be worse in the evenings.  Now, it starts when I open my eyes in the morning.  And god forbid I wake up to pee, because the nausea will keep me up for an hour.

Rice crackers and cakes are my go-to remedy, as well as sparkling water.  I've also found organic oven fries, tater tots, and ketchup work for me.  So, I feel less guilty about eating junk food.

For protein, I seem to handle eggs a lot better than meats.  And if you're willing to risk the food poisoning, or make it yourself, I find cold egg salads & chicken salads easier to eat.  I don't think I can eat hot chicken at the moment at all.  Uncured hot dogs work for me too.

For micronutrients, most fruits go down easily.  So, I try to eat a couple a day.  As for veggies, I don't do too well with broccoli or asparagus, but I made a quinoa tabbouleh yesterday and was fine with that (I normally hate quinoa).  Also, I try to have sweet potatoes in place of regular ones when I can because they have more nutrients.  And I try to dip my rice crackers in hummus for the folate, and spread nut butter on the rice cakes for some bonus nutrition.

Good luck finding what works for you.  I find myself hungry and frustrated now and then too.
    mdogan29BabyBliss76
  • Loading the player...
  • @neonnoon I need to make more egg salad that was not to bad when I had it last week. It is yummy on flipside crackers. Lol! Yes, tater tots, fries and baked potato are not to ruff on the tummy. Oh my I need to find some uncured hot dogs!! I have been craving chili cheese dogs, but that is probably not a good idea right now! Lol! Hummus is a good idea! I love that stuff. I feel like normally I do pretty good eating healthy, but not so much lately. Which makes me feel bad :( I tried to eat salad last week and boy did I pay for it. @ksgsmu I sooo miss my dairy!! It is not my friend right now. I love cheese! Lol!

BabyFruit Ticker

NeonNoon
  • I agree- find foods that you can tolerate.  I tried to eat as much protein as possible as that seemed to help more than all of the carbs.  I figured out with my first that it helped me to get up about an hour before I actually had to be up and drink a carnation breakfast essentials (it's a powder that you mix with milk).  I'd lay back down after and it generally was enough to get me over the hump so I could get up and eat breakfast (I could tolerate most cold cereals).  I packed a lot of snacks and typically ate every hour or so during the morning.  I stuck to stuff like a bagel with cream cheese and greek yogurt with granola.  I found that I felt a lot worse if I didn't attempt to stay ahead of it.  Good luck!  It's the worst feeling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyBliss76
  • I find that some manor of potatoe can usually get me stable enough to eat something with protein in it.  Once I eat some meat (which usually involves me just muscling past the aversion) I start to feel less sick for a while.  It's a battle of wills.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

BabyBliss76
  • With my first, the nausea and vomiting was horrible for the entire 9 months and several months afterwards. As gross as it sounds, I ate coleslaw from KFC, because it tasted the same coming up as it did going down.
    This is my third pregnancy and I didn't get morning sickness until the third trimester. :-/
    BabyBliss76
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BabyBliss76
  • @akachan15 I have not even heard of miso soap. Lol! Is is something you make or do you find it at the grocery store? 

@Msmacual I had hubby get me some Carnation instant breakfast. Man does it taste yummy!! I have not had it forever! Milk is just not my friend right now. Which I hate...I love milk products. Hope it passes soon so I can finish that  Carnation stuff off! Lol!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My mother just recommended Miso soup also.  I know I get that at japanese resturaunts and sushi places.  Never considered it might make me feel better though

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

BabyBliss76
  • @akachan15 I have not even heard of miso soap. Lol! Is is something you make or do you find it at the grocery store? 

@Msmacual I had hubby get me some Carnation instant breakfast. Man does it taste yummy!! I have not had it forever! Milk is just not my friend right now. Which I hate...I love milk products. Hope it passes soon so I can finish that  Carnation stuff off! Lol!

I hope so too!  I generally prefer the chocolate, but really liked the flavors in the variety pack this time around.  Maybe a different flavor will help?  Like other ladies have said, sometimes I had to find something I could force down and once I did that I was able to eat more.  Some of it is knowing your limit on what will make you sick vs just a little gagging.  I had an aversion to bananas and yogurt with my first and oatmeal with my second (and a mild one to yogurt).  I was able to drink Keifer mixed with juice with my first and could eat yogurt mixed with granola with my second.  I learned with my first that I felt the best if I could stay a head of it and I didn't do a good job of staying a head of my MS that time around.  I was a little more prepared the second time and found my mix of foods that I could tolerate and stuck to that plan until I felt better (16 weeks!).  Good luck!  It is the worst feeling in the world, but for most women it goes away around the end of the first tri.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyBliss76
  • @topaz7777 I need to look into the Miso soup! Maybe I will look around the internet and see if I can find some recipes. I am pretty sure there are no restaurants around here that have it. I live in a small town, with way to many fast food restaurants. Lol!

BabyFruit Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BabyBliss76
  • I ate a lot of salty stuff, like string cheese and almond butter. The miso soup sounds delicious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyBliss76
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"