Natural Birth
Options

Interesting Article

I came across this article that has a lot of information that aligns with my feelings, especially from what I've learned from reading and wanting a natural birth. Just thought some would be interested in reading it:

The part that really was interesting is when it says "The September 2011 issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the official publication of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), reported that only one third of all obstetrics guidelines in the US are based on good scientific evidence, one third are based on limited or inconsistent evidence, and the remaining third are based on expert opinion, which is "subject to bias, either implicit or subconscious."
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Interesting Article

• Options
    Definitely not surprised. It's unfortunate evidence-based practice is still not standard practice and model of care.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I loved this article, but the part about giraffes giving birth on the "tundra" nearly sent me over the edge.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved this article, but the part about giraffes giving birth on the "tundra" nearly sent me over the edge.
    What, you haven't heard of the rare polar giraffe?  LOL

I agree with some of the points in this article, but others I think are straight up BS.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"