March 2015 Moms
Options

Here Comes the Sun

Re: Here Comes the Sun

• Options
    @MauiBliss skinnytaste.com is my go to for pretty healthy meals that also taste good. Worth checking out if you need dinner ideas!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm off today! The plan is to lay in bed with my cats and eat all the foods. I don't care nothing will get accomplished and my cats are laying on me like "please don't move your butt is comfy." Sooooooo hungry today!
    BFP - 6/28.....Unofficial(waiting on u/s) EDD - 3/9

image    image

July Siggy Challenge. Summer Fail. March 2015 Group
    baby development
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Skrittens Good luck today. I hope everything goes smooth for you.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck to everyone who has appointments today!
    I was pretty late to work today, but when I got here there was a fire alarm going off in the building I need to go through to get to my building. So I kind of had a built I excuse :-) Not that anyone cares what time I come in, so it doesn't really matter.

K went to DC in his big brother shirt this morning. No one said anything, but I think one of his teachers saw the shirt and then glanced at my belly. I'm starting to wonder if the shirt is too subtle, my mom didn't get it at all.

• Options
    beatlesgal4beatlesgal4 member
    edited September 2014
    My favorite song by my favorite Beatle!!! :D

@lewispm‌ I would imagine it is fine if you get the shot at some point this week or shortly after. My understanding is that the mixing of the bloods (if the baby is even a positive blood type) will make your blood start to develop antibodies that would attack the next time there was interaction... I don't know if that makes any sense. As in, if you didn't have any shots this pregnancy, then got pregnant again, it might affect that pregnancy. With bleeding during the pregnancy I am not quite sure if it is different though, so I would definitely ask for the shot soon, but I guess what I'm saying is I *think* you are okay if it takes a few days to get it. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but that's what my understanding is at least. Hope that helps!

@Skrittens‌ Good luck today at work! Hoping for no annoyed coworkers that you were gone... I bet they will be happy to see you!

My random: I'm not as sad as I thought I would be, but today was my EDD before my MMC back in February... it's weird to think I would have been holding my baby around now. But I am so grateful for this sticky LO and the thought of holding them soon enough! I also have a fantasy football draft tonight to keep me busy, so that should help if I do start to feel sad!

ETA: Autocorrect fail...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been so exhausted yet I wake up in the middle of the night and can NOT go back to sleep. Makes for long days at work.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    Thanks, @jordanbohr! Chicken is usually my go-to protein when I'm not eating as much fish (or now since I am not supposed to eat as much fish) but lately, it's been making me really sick. I don't really like beef, and I can do pork once in awhile but I don't really like it. I do like lamb and bison but they're hard to find. So I'm sort of at a loss. I may have to go to being quasi-veggie for awhile. 

There are a good amount of vegetarian recipes on that site!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @beatlesgal4. Thank you for the info! I actually called again, bitched out the operator, and finally got a hold of someone via the emergency line (I hope they don't charge me!). The nurse was not very friendly and acted annoyed that I would trouble her with such petty things. She assured me bleeding after sex was normal (I know it is) but then said that I would only need the Rhogam shot if I had an actual miscarriage, not just bleeding. I was surprised to hear this and I'm still a little skeptical. I have already called a different nearby office that delivers at the same hospital to set up an appointment with a new doctor. My current one is great, but the office personnel is just awful and getting in touch with anyone takes days, even just to set up an appointment! I'm over it.

• Options
    beatlesgal4beatlesgal4 member
    edited September 2014
    lewispm said:

@beatlesgal4. Thank you for the info! I actually called again, bitched out the operator, and finally got a hold of someone via the emergency line (I hope they don't charge me!). The nurse was not very friendly and acted annoyed that I would trouble her with such petty things. She assured me bleeding after sex was normal (I know it is) but then said that I would only need the Rhogam shot if I had an actual miscarriage, not just bleeding. I was surprised to hear this and I'm still a little skeptical. I have already called a different nearby office that delivers at the same hospital to set up an appointment with a new doctor. My current one is great, but the office personnel is just awful and getting in touch with anyone takes days, even just to set up an appointment! I'm over it.

Plus, how rude! Maybe the shot after bleeding was a precaution on my doctor's part (I'm convinced she was already pretty sure I would have a MC at that point) but I would get a second opinion for sure. @SNLT1012‌ might possibly have more information than I do... I know she had to ask for one before they would give it to her once in the ER.
  • Options
    janda426 said:

I have a pimple on the side of my lip that looks like herpes. Embarrassing. And it hurts cause it's one of those "underground" pimples

I have a full on blister on the top of my lip from stress. I get these with stress or when I'm sick and haven't gotten one in a long time. Soooo attractive.
  • Options
    Plus, how rude! Maybe the shot after bleeding was a precaution on my doctor's part (I'm convinced she was already pretty sure I would have a MC at that point) but I would get a second opinion for sure. @SNLT1012‌ might possibly have more information than I do... I know she had to ask for one before they would give it to her once in the ER.
    Thanks for the tag.  @lewispm I did have to advocate for myself in the ER and insist on staying until they gave me the shot.  At that point I still had a health baby in there (though I did receive the shot again after my loss, just like I would have received it again after a live birth).  

I would honestly either call your regular office back and insist on speaking with your doctor or when you talk to the new office tell them that you've had some bleeding and you need the rhogam shot because your are (insert blood type) and that you're switching doctors because your current doc is brushing you off.

• Options
    @SNLT1012‌ Thank you! I have to admit, I knew a lot of that information, but not all of it. Thanks for posting it!
  • Options
    beatlesgal4 your siggy challenge picture is perfect.  i love it!
    CafeMom Tickers

October Siggy Challenge, Halloween Costume Fail

• Options

My daughter decided to get up at 4am for the day today. I am so tired. Hopefully work goes by super fast.

Good luck to everyone with appointments today.

• Options

@SNLT1012 Thanks so much! I checked out your link, however, and it seemed to agree with the nurse I spoke to that the shot is only needed at 28 weeks or in the case of a miscarriage or invasive procedure or abdominal trauma. Did I miss it somehow where it said it is needed after any bleeding during early pregnancy?? My bleeding was alarming, but actually very mild and only immediately after sex.

Thanks again for the info! I Googled it a bit but everything was so confusing and contradicting!

• Options
    Mostly this section, although it doesn't specifically say after bleeding, I guess it would just vary depending on what your doc considers "trauma":

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE RHOGAM® ULTRA-FILTERED PLUS?

An Rh-negative mother is most likely to be exposed to her baby’s blood during the last three months of pregnancy and at delivery. Therefore, your doctor will likely prescribe at least one dose of RhoGAM® Ultra-Filtered PLUS at around 28 weeks of pregnancy, and a second dose will be given for added protection within 72 hours after delivery if the baby is found to be Rh-positive. You should also receive RhoGAM® Brand after abdominal trauma or immediately after an invasive procedure is performed (such as amniocentesis) and then every 12 weeks thereafter.

I'm trying to find other sources but I'm having a hard time finding reliable sources instead of blogs, yahoo answers, and wikipedia.

• Options
    @alexandria22489‌ Thanks!!!

And lol at your neighbor. What a snoop! I'd be mad at my H too because now she'll probably feel like it's her civic duty to continue being a nosy snoop.
  • Options

All of the new Sept. siggies are making me laugh.

• Options
    @beatlesgal4 my friend said I should intentionally have a guy help me do something at the house and not tell H about it next time, so then he really DOES feel like a jerk. so mad at him. he just thinks it's hilarious

goofygoff in the same boat! H is a Ravens fan and I'm a Broncos fan. His family has given us four Ravens outfits already (oh joy!) and I'm having issues finding something I like that isnt girly or say something about "Daddy" 
    CafeMom Tickers

October Siggy Challenge, Halloween Costume Fail

• Options

All of the new Sept. siggies are making me laugh.

Yes!  Me too!  My siggy is too big for me to ever play but I always have an opinion on what each month should be and I love this month so much.
  • Options
    @goofygoff We're Lions fans (I know) and before Nike took over the uniforms I had to buy a child's XL jersey to get one that didn't look like a unicorn threw up on it.
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:

I am glad to know my fruit anger isn't isolated to just me. Also, I need some serious dinner ideas. I am getting super bored with pasta and take out. 
    We could start a weekly meal planning thread. Maybe on Sundays.

• Options
    adouces06 said:
    I just got my panorama results back. Results came back normal so we are low risk for chromosomal abnormalities, and WE ARE HAVING A BOY!! I am absolutely on cloud nine right now, and could not be any happier.

Yay for another baby boy!  Congrats!!!

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options

I haven't read through everything, but yesterday the scary stories reminded me of one my SIL showed me once. I just found it again, if you're interested...

Creepy!!
  • Options
    @adouces06‌ wonderful news! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Good luck to anyone with appointments today!

@alexandria22489 what a nosy neighbor! And to tell your H? Ugh! He should have told her you have an open relationship and then creepily invited the bitty over for a drink sometime.

I had an acquaintance tell my H I was out on a date with a man while he was OOT. I was out with a group of friends, one of which is my very close male friend. The other two ladies left to use the restroom. Acquaintance walked in, made eye contact with me and tried to walk away! I said her name and she came over, and we chatted and I introduced her to my friend. She told H I was on a secret date the next time she saw him. This woman is a friend of one of my friends, so hardly even knows my H. Like I would even try to cheat on H in this tiny ass town by going to one of the most popular bars.
    March '15 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fail

BFP #1: 4.3.14
    EDD: 12.2.14
    M/C: 5.11.14

BFP #2: 7.4.14
    EDD: 3.10.15
  • Options
    tunnel said:

@beatlesgal4 - What a duh moment!  Thanks for explaining.  I get it now, and I like it!

Thanks! I thought about adding a "You had one job" caption, but decided not to... I am really in the mood to watch the movie again though!
  • Options

Got an invite for a wedding in November. It's in the middle of nowhere. We're invited to "camp" with the bride and groom. 1) It's November, in the PNW. That means rain. Lots of cold, icy, rain. 2) My 6 month pregnant body is not going to enjoy camping, and especially won't enjoy the drunkards wandering around the tents after way too much to drink. 3) When did this become a THING? Camping weddings?! Don't want to go, but we love the couple getting married.

That sounds awful. Can you leave before the camping part?

• Options
    I just want to say that if you're my FB friend you should go check out the status "S" just tagged me in.  I win today.

I want to post a screen shot of it here but I can't figure out how to blur our names out.  Sorry, non-FB friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"