March 2015 Moms
Options

Sex of the baby

What's the earliest you have found out the sex of the baby? I see people are finding out already. I'm only 10 weeks so I've got a bit. I actually am due march 31st, so I'm a march mom barely ;)

Re: Sex of the baby

• Options
    3/d ultrasounds say they can tell you with accuracy at 15 weeks as long as the baby isn't shy. I'm scheduled for one on 9/23 and I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself until then!!!
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I will be finding out sometime after 16 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They gave us an "educated guess" last time at 13 weeks. This was at our MFM using 3d/4d equipment. We didn't share the news with anyone because it was so early, but they ended up being correct. They confirmed their guesses at 16 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We found out that we're having a baby boy at 13w5d.  I had the Verifi test done because I'm AMA.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    My OB couldn't tell at 12 weeks even though we could see the area just fine, but it's a standard u/s machine, no 3D/4D. He told us there would be a 50/50 chance he could tell at 16 wks, but if not he should definitely be able to tell by 20 wks. (I have placenta previa so my OB wants to monitor with monthly u/s scans).
    March '15 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fail

BFP #1: 4.3.14
    EDD: 12.2.14
    M/C: 5.11.14

BFP #2: 7.4.14
    EDD: 3.10.15
  • Options
    I'm not going to count on it, but at my 12 week ultrasound, the technician said that measuring the tubercle angle has an 80% accuracy.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    21 weeks at anatomy scan. I'm sure it will be around the same time with this baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    19 weeks
  • Options
    At our NT scan during our 13th week we were given an estimate by both the technician and the doctor. I'm a little hesitant to believe it though bc at this point the difference in genitalia is so incredibly small and hard to measure (literally like a half millimeter). We are waiting to tell any family or friends that we know anything until the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. I have known several people to announce this early based on the whole "angle of the dangle" thing and then they find out weeks later that they are having the opposite sex.
  • Options
    My OB offers an elective "sneak peek" u/s at 16 weeks.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Found out at 19 weeks weeks with dd and have an 18 week anatomy scan for this little bean........7 weeks hurry up!
    photo 524851_10151444546119021_1234411791_n_zpsd36cf12b.jpgphoto 429535_10151190003869021_340622960_n_zpsffa5e1c7.jpgphoto 481704_10151153496819021_1637522760_n_zps27a38d8b.jpgphoto 388307_10151235129874021_1716156653_n_zps2d3f0efa.jpg

BabyFetus Ticker

Engaged: 08.2009
    DD1: 03.2010
    EDD #2: 03.24.2015
  • Options
    Im still comparing prices and reviews but were planning on an early reveal at 16 weeks assuming all goes well! My anatomy scan is also at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    I had the Harmony test done- just awaiting the results (currently 12w4d)- they should be in within the week.

With DS2 I found out at 16w via ultrasound bc I had a sub chorionic hematoma they wanted to check on.

With DS1 I found out at the 20w anatomy scan (which may have been at 19w).
  • Options
    With DD we found out at our 20 week anatomy scan. With these two we have the anatomy scan at 18 weeks so we should find out then. If not we are having many ultrasounds to make sure the twins are growing so I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out at some point.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Can you make your 20 week appt more around 19 weeks? I will be 20 weeks the week of thanksgiving and I'm sure there won't be many spots that week
  • Options
    Finding out at 20 weeks! October 29th feels like a life time :P
  • Options
    With my first two kids it wasn't until the anatomy scan around 19-20 weeks, but this time I am considered high risk due to age and other health problems so we just had the panorama test done at almost 13 weeks and they said should have results within 2 weeks! Can't wait!
  • Options
    They scheduled me today at my 13 week appointment for an 18 week anatomy scan on Oct. 7th. Woot woot!
  • Options
    I'll be 20w at the end of October, so we'll find out at the anatomy scan that week.  i don't know the exact date yet and won't until my next OB appt on 9/24 when I do the next round of scheduling.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    We had the Panorama test and found out at 10.5 weeks! It's a girl!
  • Options
    My A/S is between weeks 17 and 18. We should find out then.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am sure this is not the norm, but with my first baby we did not find out until about 28 weeks because of positioning during my 20-week ultrasound.  It felt like a long wait!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hopefully finding out at 16wks. I have a regular scheduled OB appointment then anyway. I'm not sure if all appointments include an US or not, I've never gotten this far, but I sure hope so! Otherwise, I'm paying for one at a local place that does a reveal where family can come, and only $25 :)
    3 MCs
    1 Rainbow Baby: Born 4/4/15
    BFP: 4/23/17  EDD 1/5/18
  • Options
    Last time we waited & were surprised with my son. This time we are finding out at 18 weeks, Oct 6! It's so crazy to think we will know this time.
  • Options

Hopefully finding out at 16wks. I have a regular scheduled OB appointment then anyway. I'm not sure if all appointments include an US or not, I've never gotten this far, but I sure hope so! Otherwise, I'm paying for one at a local place that does a reveal where family can come, and only $25 :)

In my office you need to set up ultrasounds as seperate apts. so I have a regular apt scheduled at 16 weeks then the us two weeks later. You may want to double check.

• Options
    Had my test done last Wednesday and received the results today!! Healthy baby boy!
  • Options
    Materniti21 @ 10 weeks 1 day and got results today at exactly 11 weeks. 1 healthy baby BOY!!!
  • Options
    We had the panorama and found out its a boy at 11w
  • Options
    Today they asked if I wanted to know the sex after my bloodwork results came back, but my manager at work wants to surprise me  at work with cupcakes (pink or blue in the middle) so I opted out. I'll have them write it down and put in an envelope at the 20 week scan instead.
    M'15 January Animals Being Jerks Challenge

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With DS, we found out at 16wks and confirmed at 20wks. I just got my blood drawn for the Harmony test yesterday due to history and we should have results in two weeks.

• Options
    I found out at 11wks! I had a verifi blood test done.. I'm having a little girl :)
  • Options
    My next appt falls on 15 weeks and were doing a scan then just for fun. Hoping to see something ;)
  • Options
    With my DD I found out at 16 weeks because we went to an ultrasound place. With my current pregnancy I took the panorama blood test and will find out by 12 weeks. :-) I found the nub theory to be pretty accurate though. You can google it and when you go for your NT ultrasound make sure the tech gets a good shot with the babies nub. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"