Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

+OPK and temp spike in same day?

CoffeeGirl27CoffeeGirl27 member
edited September 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi ladies! This month is my first time to start temping. I am on CD15 and had a big temp spike this morning. The OPK also had a dark line for the first time this morning (there's been no line whatsoever in the time limit before this.) So my question is: if a temp spike is supposed to occur 1-3 days after ovulation, and a positive OPK is supposed to occur 1-3 days before ovulation, why would these possibly be happening on the same day? Oh so confused :-/
TTC #1 Since August 2014

Re: +OPK and temp spike in same day?

• Options

There's a chance you only caught the end of your surge. I've also had charts with stair stepping rises as opposed to one rise. You'll just have to see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks! What would a stair stepping rise indicate?
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options

There's a chance you only caught the end of your surge. I've also had charts with stair stepping rises as opposed to one rise. You'll just have to see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks! What would a stair stepping rise indicate?

What do you mean? Sometimes temps just go up slower than others. There's really no rhyme or reason to it.

Oh ok I see. I am so new to this- it's a bit overwhelming sometimes!
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As far as the OPK, did you use first morning urine? This may give you a false positive. As far as temping, are you temping under the same circumstances as usual (ie. roughly the same time, after a solid block of sleep, same environmental conditions in your room)? I agree with @DarcyHermione but recommend making sure there are no other variables.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @suorange‌ oh that might explain it, because it was FMU. However my temp taking is usually with the same variables. How does fmu affect an opk?
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    @osesecret‌ that's true, hopefully tomorrow's temp gives me a better idea of what's happening. We will BD today just in case!
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options

I *think* it's because your urine is more concentrated. Depending on what OPK you're using, it may mention if you should use FMU or not. As always, when in doubt...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @osesecret and OP, this is my first cycle using OPKs and I have never had a false positive (or a positive at all, for that matter) but I have noticed that the test line is darker when I use FMU so I figured I'd bring it up as a possibility but I think it's more likely she's catching the tail end of her surge.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    LH is naturally higher in the morning. So some sites suggest not using FMU. I think the problem is that many interpret an almost dark as control line as a positive. That's probably the "False positive."
  • Options
    Booo I took another OPK about an hour ago and it was negative. Maybe FMU did screw with it a bit
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    emilie818 said:

This month my OPK+ lands on the same day as O according to FF and my temps reflect that.

--------
    This is me too.. hmmm.. FF conspiracy?? ;)

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"