Cloth Diapering
Options

Mah Bebe Luks Lyke a Lizzerd

L started breaking out with baby acne last week. NBD, N had it at this age, too. But now his face is so bumpy and dry, and his ears are crusty and kind of yellow. Yuck! I bathe him every 3-4 days (mostly b/c that's what the pedi had us do with N who had eczema) using only water on his face. I haven't been putting any moisturizer on him b/c I've read that can make things worse, but is there anything that I can do? DH keeps telling me how itchy and uncomfortable it looks. I can't tell if it bothers L or not. He was really cranky last night, but I'm pretty sure that was more b/c he had a stomachache.

Re: Mah Bebe Luks Lyke a Lizzerd

• Options
    My LO had it really really bad around 8 weeks.  I tried breastmilk, but that didn't help at all.  It was actually putting coconut oil on twice a day that finally helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used coconut oil also.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO has it on his cheeks right now too. Our pedi said we could wash his face with cetaphil but I should have known to try coconut oil. That seems to fix everything. Thanks for the tip!

• Options
    I'm sure I picked at the flakes, too, because they bug me and I can't help it. That's probably not advised, though. :-/
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    Calendula cream helped with A's scaly phase
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @Chickypoo2468‌ Could it be cradle cap if the flaky parts are only on his ears?

• Options
    I think if it's on the ears it's cradle cap. Breastmilk actually does work for us for face acne. I also pick and peel at the flaky skin sometimes. He's so peely. I can't wait until I have a baby with normal skin, when does that happen? Then of course, I don't want him to ever grow up at all ever. He might be my last. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No diaper rash issues?

Nope. He just has dry white bumps on his face and neck and the crusty ears. His whole body was peeling right after he was born, but that's mostly done.

• Options
    I use CJs on the back of ears. I did apply cortisone three times when it was bad (and only once for each bad time and it was just a tiny amount). The pediatrician actually suggested it. One application was enough so that I could clear it up with CJs.
  • Options
    I thought newborns she'd their skin two times? Someone told me that...I read it...? So the crazy flaking is part of thought I thought

I remember M's fingers peeling. But it went away quickly and wasn't crusty-just regular peeling skin
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"