April 2015 Moms
Options

Father's sperm helps morning sickness?

So I just found an article saying that the sperm of your baby's father may actually help your pregnancy symptoms when ingested (orally or vaginally). It says that it helps build up a tolerance to his genetic material and can make you feel less sick. Any merit to this? Thoughts? Here is the full article if you'd like to have a read.

https://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/141024/a_cure_for_morning_sickness

Re: Father's sperm helps morning sickness?

• Options
    I will say, my husband sent me this article...but I'm all for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not proven, just a random psychologists theory...I'll stick with ginger and saltines! Lol
  • Options
    Mistake...just told my husband about this article.  Looks like when morning sickness kicks in I will have a penis to deal with! Hope it helps! 

Dating since 6/9/10...Married 6/9/14
    BFP 8/18/14...EDD 4/29/15
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ewwwww! I think I'm developing morning sickness now...
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • Options
    This articles been around forever. Give me a break. :-q

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not everything you read on the internet is true... just saying!  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Am I the only one that wants to have sex here? We just wait until the nausea has subsided. I may be sick half the day, but I'd be a hell of a lot crankier if I didn't get some every day or so.

Also, biologically, the idea intrigues me. I honestly don't know if it's true or not. But to think that the sperm that created your baby could actually help ease some of your symptoms is really cool.

Whatever the truth of the matter is, I'll just let my husband keep believing. He likes the idea of being able to help me and not just standing by while I'm in pain or heaving.

Definitely worth doing more research.
  • Options
    I really didn't think when I read this thread that OP thought this may be true. In addition to all of the reasons @aggiedaner just gave orally injesting sperm only leads to an unfortunate interaction with your stomach acid. Additionally the article read as though it was written by a third grader, which in my mind does not give any merit to its scientific value. If having sex is beneficial to you and your DH, more power to ya, but to investigate this load of BS for scientific authenticity is a colossal waste of time!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Last thing I want to do when I'm pukey is down cum
  • Options
    A man had to have written this. My H always jokes that giving BJs will help whatever ailment I have. No way in hell will I be sharing this article with him.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I've tried for 20 minutes to find the original Gordon Gallup article about morning sickness and semen and all I can come up with is semen as an antidepressant.  Also a bunch of hoey.  If anyone finds the original article published by Gordon, let me know.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I believe that would just be your hormones making your body feel all sickly but hey I could be wrong! Won't hurt to try!
  • Options
    My fiancee is convinced this is true. He told me about this before we got pregnant
  • Options
    Lol could explain why my ms is hardly a problem this time around!!!
  • Options
    I would be all for it if I didn't have a damn toothache.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Am I the only one that wants to have sex here? We just wait until the nausea has subsided. I may be sick half the day, but I'd be a hell of a lot crankier if I didn't get some every day or so.

Also, biologically, the idea intrigues me. I honestly don't know if it's true or not. But to think that the sperm that created your baby could actually help ease some of your symptoms is really cool.

Whatever the truth of the matter is, I'll just let my husband keep believing. He likes the idea of being able to help me and not just standing by while I'm in pain or heaving.

Definitely worth doing more research.

You are definitely not the only one on here who loves sex. It's usually a daily occurrence for us. I say if it works for you go for it. Everyone finds their own tricks to make it through ms. If nothing else you'll both be relaxed and happy :)
  • Options
    Sounds like an expectant dad wrote this...lol
    In all seriousness I really hope it works
  • Options
    LOL @ the article suggesting that it's the father's ~*~foreign genetic material~*~ that makes you feel sick. image
    It is foreign genetic material making you sick...called a fetus....
  • Options
    I will try it tonight
  • Options

LOL @ the article suggesting that it's the father's ~*~foreign genetic material~*~ that makes you feel sick.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A man wrote that article.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My husband finds all articles related to sperm and it's benefits to women for different issues. I'm surprised he hasn't found this one yet.
  • Options
    I read that swallowing sperm after oral sec would help body to tolerate a possible pregnancy, not sure about the easing of morning sickness symptoms
  • Options

LOL @ the article suggesting that it's the father's ~*~foreign genetic material~*~ that makes you feel sick.

Wouldn't be suck if you weren't carrying a baby, right? So technically it is foreign genetic material? Partially his haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"