December 2012 Moms

Pregnant Moms Check-In

How is everyone doing? The reality that baby #2 is coming is really starting to sink in. My due date is October 16th so I will soon be saying I'm due next month. Eek! I know in the long run it is good for DD to have a sibling but it is still somewhat sad that her days as an only child are numbered. I'm also scared to tackle all of the newborn craziness with a toddler. Breastfeeding didn't work out well so I EP'd for a year. I'm hoping that things work out better this time and definitely anxious about the process. I also feel so much more pregnant than I did at this stage last time. Wow, that was a long list of things I'm worried about. On the positive side, I am excited to meet my baby. We are team green this time which adds and element of surprise that we didn't have last time. I have no special feeling either way, but we are having a hard time picking a girl name so that makes me think we are having a girl. We will soon find out.

Okay enough rambling, how are you ladies doing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: Pregnant Moms Check-In

• I'm way behind you...just trying to get through first tri. I feel the same way, though, about handling a newborn plus toddler. It's overwhelming to think about. Question for you, how did you resist the urge to find out the sex? I want to be team green this time, but I'm scared I'll cave when the time comes! 
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We're just ahead of you - due 9/29. I definitely feel more pregnant this time too. Isa was always so high and was kicking my ribs until the end - this baby is comparatively very low and it's felt like her head has been against my cervix for weeks. My OB said it was bc my abs were tighter last time... I knew I should have tried harder to get back in shape.

I feel the same way about this baby... Like, I'm super excited to meet her and have our two girls. But Isa's been an only child for almost two years, and I love all the time we can spend with her. The other night, I was sitting in her room with her and cuddling with her as she fell asleep... I stayed in there a long time after she was asleep thinking about how it'll be different soon. It's really makes me sad, even though I know that she'll be fine in the long run.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • JessAnnJJessAnnJ member
    edited August 2014
    @Fullcircle06‌ Honestly it wasn't as hard as I thought. I never would have been able to do it the first time around, but this time I'm not experiencing everything for the first time and it's been nice keeping it a surprise. This pregnancy has gone by so fast. I think it will be fun getting the surprise at birth and we don't plan to have more kids so it's now or never.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I am just behind you, due on 11/5. I also feel way more pregnant this time around, despite the fact that my doctor told me I am behind on weight gain on Friday. I was so sick first Tri, it has taken me a long time to get back to where I need to be. I feel the same as you ladies about having a second one. I will miss the alone time with LO, but I know she will be better off with a sibling in the long run. I want to plan some special things for us to do together before he gets here. Maybe a day trip to the beach or the zoo to something. We also just got her Bitty Baby doll and a little suitcase full of doll clothes and diapers, which we will give her at the hospital when she comes to meet the new baby. I am really excited about it, for some odd reason. Anyway, apart from the fatigue setting back in, all is well here. Just very excited to meet this new LO!
  • I'm just in the middle of my first trimester and I'm also having mixed feelings about LO not being an only child anymore :( I'm hoping it's just the hormones
  • I just joined in on this and am having a hard time getting thru first trimester. I work and go to college full time so I'm just feeling exhausted all the time. Due in April :)
  • I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling anxious about adding another one to the mix. I'm only 9 weeks currently so I still have lots of time ahead of me. I'm feeling sad about ds no longer being an only child and having to share my time with another one but I'm sure it will work itself out once new lo arrives
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"