January 2015 Moms
Options

Calvin....what?--Name Help

I was wondering if you ladies could help a girl out.  My husband and I really like the name Calvin, but are struggling to come up with a middle name.  I thought of Murray today, and like the sound of that, but was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas.  Our last name is Charles so we are trying to stay away from names that are last names.  My husbands name is Daniel and he is often called Charles Daniels...which he finds annoying.

Thanks for the help!  We appreciate it! :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Calvin....what?--Name Help

• Options
    I think @ICarriedAWatermelon‌ has a son named Calvin, maybe she will share his middle name?

Richard is the first name that popped into my head.
  • Options
    My son's name is Callum (close to Calvin) Elliot :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Murray is a last name too. Bill Murray ring a bell?

I think a lot of names go well with Calvin:
    Thomas
    Michael
    Gregory
    Frederick
    Jeffrey
    James
    Joseph
    Howard
    Jacob
    David
    Paul
    Robert
    Lawrence

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Great list! Thanks! And you are totally right!! Ha. Bill Murray...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just spitballing here...
    Marshall
    Maxwell
    Emmett
    Pierce (although that's kinda last-namey... I just liked how Calvin Pierce sounded)
    Elijah
    Xavier (3 syllables sounds good with Calvin)

Will you call him Cal? :) If I hadn't already named the dog Callie, I'd definitely pick some iteration of Cal for a boy (Calvin, Calvert). But she goes by Cal so that wouldn't be fair to the baby haha :)
  • Options
    Calvin John if you don't mind the possibility of him being called CJ later in life.
  • Options
    I'm pregnant with a little boy too and almost went with Calvin (well, Mark Calvin). But decided on another name. Good choice btw!
  • Options
    My nephew is Callum Duncan (Duncan being a family name) and their last name is a first name as well! My other nephew is Colton John so both are similar to Calvin! I think many names go nicely with Calvin and I don't think many kids get called their full names very often!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"