December 2013 Moms
Options

Working moms: How often are you pumping at work?

How often are you pumping during the work day. I've been doing 3x day for 20minutes each pump since I went back to work in April. I'm wondering when it gets to the point babies eat more, drink less and I can decrease pumping to 2x a day.

Re: Working moms: How often are you pumping at work?

• Options
    I started out pumping 3x/day but I've dropped it to 2. I still get about 6 oz total in a day no matter how many I do at work.

• Options
    I'm still pumping 3x and I'm there from 8:30-430 or 5. I'm afraid to drop to 2 right now though because I'm not always able to get my early morning pump in and my freezer stash is reserved for a weekend away from LO in November and he hates formula. I will probably stick to 3x until after that trip, which with be 3 weeks before his 1st birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pump 3X a day for 15 mins. at 10, 1, and 4. I don't plan on decreasing until she is 1 yr. I also pump around 2-3am to add to my stock pile.
  • Options
    sweetsyrupsweetsyrup member
    edited August 2014
    I only pump twice. I had been getting 10-12 oz a day. Still not usually enough for dc, so lo gets formula to make up the rest. I'm getting sick of pumping, but I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to bf. Lo still gets up 2-4 times a night too....
  • Options
    I pump 3 - 4 times a day at about 7-10 minutes (though they keep hospital grade pumps there for us). I've been thinking of cutting down to 2-3 since I think I have about 3000 or so ounces saved and have been donating the excess. I over produce, but I'm paranoid something will happen and I won't be able to breastfeed to 1 year old. I'm hoping to stop pumping then and then feed her morning/night.
  • Options
    I'm down to once a day at lunch time and that's way less stressful than 3x per day. I think pretty soon I'll even drop that at only nurse in the mornings and evenings now that she's finally taking formula. I enjoy nursing but pumping is a pita so I'm ready to be done!
  • Options
    I pump twice a day and get 8-12oz between the two sessions. It's so unpredictable lately. 
  • Options
    I'm doing 3 per day and plan to until a year. Then I'll gradually drop down until I'm not pumping at all at work and will just use my freezer stash til gone. I'll still nurse morning and night until she's ready to wean herself though.
  • Options
    Just to comment on your question about eating...even though they have begun solid food, our babies' primary source of nutrition is still BM/formula until around age 1. So if you wanted to cut back pumping before then, theoretically you would need to replace that milk with formula, not solids. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I pump 3 times at work. 8 am, noon and 4 pm. DS has started sleeping through the night at daycare so I pump at 5 am now, too.
    My 8 am pump gives me a couple squirts and that's it. I just hope that if I continue to pump at that time, my body will take the hint and produce something.
  • Options
    I'm lucky to get one pump session in during my lunch!
  • Options
    I pump on my commute in (hands free pumping bra and one of my hubby's button downs to cover up), on my planning period at 10:45 and again at lunch at 12:30. I get between 12-18 oz. a day. Usually more on Mondays after I've been with him nursing all weekend and less toward the end of the week. I would love to drop a pump but won't because I'm scared to lower my supply. I can't wait to divorce the pump at a year!
  • Options

BoothBaby said:

Just to comment on your question about eating...even though they have begun solid food, our babies' primary source of nutrition is still BM/formula until around age 1. So if you wanted to cut back pumping before then, theoretically you would need to replace that milk with formula, not solids. HTH!

Does anyone happen to know how many oz they should be drinking at 9 months? If they are eating three meals? LO nurses every 4 hours... I'm not sure how much he should be drinking when I am at work.
    The average is 1-1.5 oz for every hour you are away. BM oz intake doesn't go up with age like formula. LO takes 12 oz in 3 4oz bottles from 8-4 each day.

• Options
    I pump twice at work, 11 and 4 but I've been debating cutting the 4pm pump and using more of my freezer stash.  I'm worried it'll affect my supply and not be able to nurse LO on the weekends though if I drop the pump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"