November 2014 Moms
Options

Is anyone expierencing a soapy taste after eating?

This sounds insane but I am 28w and just began noticing after eating there is a soapy, perfume aftertaste. All I can find online is flouride poisoning which I highly doubt since I drink bottled water and never use tap. Anyone ever hear of this?

Answers

• Options
    Is it everything you eat?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes- it started yesterday. I was at a friends for dinner and noticed it. Then at home it was the same after taste. And I went out for lunch- same thing. So i know it is not from poor rinsing lol. It reminds me of when I get sick with a cold and things taste bitter- same situation but I feel perfectly fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weird. I know some people get a soapy taste from cilantro, but I've never heard of it as a general pregnancy symptom.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, I don't recall eating any cilantro but with this pregnancy brain who knows! I am sure it is just a random hormone pregnancy thing! LOL
  • Options
    No joke I got this after eating ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, how weird
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    Oh wow I wonder if its a rxn to sugar??
  • Options
    Arby's curly fries taste like soil to me during pregnancy. It could be a weird pregnancy reaction.
  • Options
    Anything with sugar gives me this aftertaste...sometimes I refer to like I was sucking on pennies though. I had it my entire pregnancy last time and am having it again this time. It completely disappeared the day DD was born. It was crazy. I ate a cookie about an hour after she was born and had no aftertaste at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SamiroseS said:
    Thanks ladies this helps because I was starting to wonder if I am going nuts. LOL I cuss a lot too- especially when my chocolate tastes like soap. Wtf!!!!
    Yes, that deserves a BIG wtf!?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've been having this non-stop over the past week-it doesn't seem to matter if I've eaten or not.  Now, today my mouth has alternated between the bitter/soapy taste and tasting salty.  I think it's probably just a hormone thing.  :-??

• Options
    Ok thanks. I will try that and check in if it changes things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"