February 2014 Moms

Hydrocele

Yesterday I noticed that my my little man's left testicle was swollen and bright red so I called his Dr they told me to go directly to the er. When we got there the Dr said that no one could do a sonagram so they transfered us to another hospital 2 hours away. After 4 hours there the Dr's determined that he had hydrocele. Which means when his testicle dropped the hole never closed and it allows fluid to fill his sack and it should clear up before he turns 1. Has anyone else little guys been diagnosed with it and if they have did it clear up on its own?

Re: Hydrocele

• DS1 has this - we saw a pediatric urologist from the time DS was born, every three months until he was released at about 9/10m. They just watched it to make sure it didn't get worse. It was super easy - we just warned DC and and anyone who changed his diapers so they weren't shocked by the size.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks Ladies!! I have an appointment next month with a urologist.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, my LO has this and has since birth. Right now the pedi is just monitoring it.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We had surgery to fix DS1's last year when he was 2 years and maybe 4.5 months old.  We actually didn't notice it until that time--daycare called an noticed he was swollen and looked a little blue.  We saw the pedi and the surgeon and had it taken care of with in the month.  Apparently, it's very common in little boys, especially those that were premature.

It was a quick and easy surgery, the surgeon said he did multiple hydrocele fixes each week.  We had no problems or issues, and it was a really quick recovery.  He wanted to run around like a crazy man that night.  We can't see the scar.  The worst part for me was the nurse taking him back for surgery; the worst part for him was waking up with an IV in his hand. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"