January 2015 Moms
Options

Breast feeding Website

Can you recommend a good breast feeding website/message boards?

Re: Breast feeding Website

• Options
    Kellymom is a great resource. I also recommend you join the BRAS facebook group. Over 4000 members, lots of q and a, lactation consultants present, etc: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=203607229715382
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stargirlb is right. Request to be a member on the bras facebook group. I never even knew about it until she mentioned it. They are crazy active always asking questions and offering answers and advice to each other. Thanks again stargirlb!
  • Options
    Also....just google la leche league...they have a general site and links to local groups in your area.
  • Options
    I never did much online for breastfeeding. I bought a few books at goodwill, "So THAT'S what they're for!" and "the womanly art of breastfeeding" were my favorites.

That being said, my son was a natural nurser. The nurses in the hospital helped me get him latched the first two times and after that we were pros. EBF six months, nursed to a year with solids, no formula ever.

I'm a firm believer in trusting your body. Nurse on demand. Don't pay attention to how often it is - let baby set the schedule. Nurse however long baby wants. Milk takes a while to come in (mine was day four), don't stress about it. It is normal for a baby to lose weight after birth - they have extra fat stores to tide them over until your milk comes in! Don't get what you get when pumping confused with the amount baby is getting (baby is more efficient.) Don't stress! As long as baby is having wet diapers and the occasional dirty diaper (at three months old, my son went 10 days without a dirty and was completely fine), baby is fine.

I know this isn't true for everyone, but most of the mom's I know who obsessed about breastfeeding groups and literature had a lot of obstacles to overcome, and the mom's who 'just nursed' had a much easier time. I do not plan on meeting with the lactation consultant this time unless we have a problem, and we will address any if and when they arise, not before.
  • Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited August 2014
    "Don't stress" is so key. I see way to many ppl panicking in the first few days that "my milk isn't coming in!!" Or "I'm not making enough!!" Stop that. Just like your body produced what your baby needed in utero, without your conscious efforts, so can your body after birth. Good advice on all counts, Thompnia. In those first weeks, don't supplement, don't pump, just let your baby be your guide, nurse on demand. If you have pain, check the latch and check for tongue-tie before leaving hospital.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips girls! I needed these! I didn't breast feed my first two, and tried with my third but only made it 3 months before milk just dried up... I think it had something to do with being obsessed with making a freezer stash so I pumped way too much and when I shouldn't have and didn't have enough to feed baby as well... I was a mess. This time I plan on solely breast feeding and getting a hand pump for only when I need it. I need to chill out and let my boobs do their thang! Really hoping I have an easier time this time!!
  • Options
    Bookmarking the sites too :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The board here and kellymom

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"