Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Insomnia and AF

Anyone else have to deal with insomnia while on their period. If so how do you deal? I usually take a uniasom but lately they haven't been working as well. And im so tired.
BabyFruit Ticker
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved!!
>Blog

Re: Insomnia and AF

• Options
    2 benadryl's and a book knock me right out. 
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    Yes! Which is why I'm awake now ugh. I can fall asleep ok, just can't stay asleep. I sleep horribly the first couple days of af. I take melatonin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I deal with insomnia all the time and nothing helps.  :-<

I understand that. I've been dealing with it more and more lately and Im really unhappy about that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    I will not be moved!!
    >Blog
  • Options
    I agree with @MrsSimpson27‌ .. Benadryl works wonders!!!

animated gifs photo: TGIF unnamed-1.gif
  • Options
    This is me. And benadryl are like sugar pills. They do nothing  :-w
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    Me too.  Melatonin gives me fucked up dreams, and benedryl and other supposed drowsy medications work opposite on me, my heart races and I get antsy.  Nyquil sometimes works.  I need to find something that keeps me asleep though, I fall asleep just fine on my own most of the time but it's that 2-5 am stretch where I wake up and can't fall back asleep, and by then it's too late to take anything anyways.  

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Insomnia gets me a lot. Warm bath with a book, and then two Advil pm's later I'm out! Also not sure if it's just all in my head but the fabreez milk & honey nighttime collection. It's amazing!
  • Options
    cstuart07 said:
    Um I just take a hit of NyQuil on the rare occasion I am having serious trouble sleeping. I'd have to take like 4 benedryls. Or I guess they make zzquil now?
    I take ZzQuil when I can't sleep. It knocks you out but doesn't make you feel groggy when you wake up. I think it works pretty well.
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • Options
    You cant get melatonin in the EU :(  But I take 100mg of 5-HTP AM and PM and my Mg supplement at bedtime.... 

I sleep much better with this
  • Options
    Sorry for not participating more today I got super busy. I go through shifts I guess. Some time I cant fall asleep before like 1am for weeks on end others im out shortly after going to bed. But during AF im constantly up. I am gonna try and switch up the sleep medication Iuse and see if that helps. Lately since I got my second job they work me so much that sleep comes a little easier, because im so tired when I get out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    I will not be moved!!
    >Blog
  • Options
    You cant get melatonin in the EU :(  But I take 100mg of 5-HTP AM and PM and my Mg supplement at bedtime.... 

I sleep much better with this
    I love that man. Bones is one of my new favorite shows.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    I will not be moved!!
    >Blog
  • Options
    • If you can't fall asleep after 20 minutes, get up and do something relaxing. When you are sleepy try to go back to sleep. Continue this throughout the night. 
    This one is for the birds.  I've seen a doctor (several actually) and they always give the same list and offer to prescribe something.  The whole getting up and doing something just keeps me up the entire night.  DH will walk in from his night shift at 7 am and I'm running around like a crazy person cleaning baseboards and shit.  I've tried relaxing things, tiresome things, boring, you name it.  It's just garbage and I wonder if any of these doctors have actually had insomnia or they just spout this shit off from a book.  Maybe it works for some but not anyone I know.  

I think I've had so much caffeine over my lifetime that it doesn't do anything at all to me.  I can drink a cup of coffee and go to sleep shortly after if it's during the day.  Once the sun comes up I can pass out at just about any point that I want to.  Sun sets and even if I was tired I wake up completely.  If I'm napping I almost always wake up as soon as it's dark.  I've also tried slowly moving my bedtime by 30 minutes to get it where I want and I just can't sleep before 1 am no matter what.  If I screw up and stay up until 3 am then I'm up for the long haul.  I've just come to accept this is my normal and catch some sleep when I can. 
    I hate when my body decides this is a good practice to try.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    I will not be moved!!
    >Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"