May 2014 Moms

Rediculous

So a friend of mine started TTC April 2013 and finally got pregnant this past April. Well, when she found out I was pregnant she stopped talking to me... along with her best friend who is also in our "group" of friends. Her friend actually deleted me off fb and won't talk to me! WTF people?! GROW UP! Anyone else dealing with stupidity just because you got pregnant?

Re: Rediculous

• Not to that extreme. My very good friend has been TTC for 2 years. It was rough telling her because I felt so bad. She was great about it. After he was born, she wasn't overly interested in him but as time goes on, she always wants to hold him and help out. She understands that people don't put their lives on hold because someone else is struggling.
  • That's good @haylo33! That shows that she is a good person.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Haleighkay90‌ that is even worse, they are your family! I always wanted a baby but I knew I would have my time and I was always happy for everyone else! No @kat8805‌, im not pregnant. These people have been acting like this since last September when I announced. I just realized today one of them deleted me off fb. I went to a party back in June for my good friends wedding celebration and the girl that deleted me didnt even acknowledge I was there and never even said congrats one time on the baby. She never even looked at me! Its just sad that people that are late 20's act like middle schoolers.
  • TTC can be a tough journey. And pregnant or mother friends are a constant reminder.

Is it right? Not really. Is it easier? Yeah.

If you decide to reach out leave pregnancy and your lo out of the topic on conversation.

I know it hurts but it's not ridiculous. You could also be assuming the reason.
  • @usernewname‌ I understand what you are saying. Although I have not experienced trouble ttc, I know it has got to be devastating to be trying for so long and then see people get pregnant so easily. I never talked about my lo or the pregnancy the few times I was around her during it. I am definately someone that sits back and listens to people and I rarely talk about me or my life. When I found out she was pregnant, I sent her a text saying congratulations. What I really dont understand is why her friend isn't talking to me.
  • Could be because you wrote a purple shirt.

People are weird. Or ban together like @kat8805‌ says.

Or maybe she's having a tough time TTC and she's just mad at her own circumstances.

I personally wouldn't even bother about it. The more you give a reaction the bigger thing this becomes.
  • Thank you for the advice ladies!
  • ladywolf1313ladywolf1313 member
    edited September 2014
  • I know how you feel all to well. I lost my grandmother last year Feb 13 and was very surprised when we found out later that year that we were pregnant. However when I was 7 months along my cousin announced her 15 yr old daughter is pregnant and 5 months along. Needless to say this threw the whole family into an up roar. I tried my best to stay out of it and leave my opinion to myself. Even invited them to my baby shower which they came. 

The whole time they were talking about how much better their baby shower was going to be. yadda yadda.. I'm very easy going and try to avoid conflict it was even worse while pregnant. 

When it was time for her baby shower I couldn't go cause LO was a month old haven't had his shots and I didn't want him around all those strange people. In my mind no telling what they are/could be carrying. Next thing I know I'm getting cussed out via FB. That its my fault that everyone is happier about my baby than her first Grand child. I lost it, called her up called her every name i could think of even invented a few I'm sure. She later deleted and blocked me on FB I merely giggled. My husband now fears my wrath LOL
    WTAF.

QFP ;;)
    imageimageimage

• Not even close to an anecdotal story.

:-S
  • @ladywolf1313 I assume you graduated HS class of '13?
    imageimageimage

• athn64 said:
    Geez. And what does the beginning of the story have to do with the rest of it?
    8-|

No, her story does make sense. Her cousin is pissed that people were more excited about her baby than cousin's 15 yo daughter's baby. But it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's situation, I don't think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It may not be that she hates you or dislikes you, but just that she can't handle emotionally seeing baby/pregnancy updates or hearing talk about baby. It is probably a lot more about her pain and trying to shield herself and protect herself than it is about you.

No idea on the friend. Maybe she is going through IF, too, and just has not said anything. Or maybe her delete is unrelated.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I totally understand why my friend who was struggling would distance herself from me. What I dont understand is why her friend deleted me off fb but the friend who is struggling still talks to me every once in awhile. I guess I just dont understand why the other girl would be upset. Like pp said, maybe I offended her in some other way. I just wish I knew what I did so I could make it better. Part of me wants to say "not worth the drama" but another part of me wants to straighten things out.
  • I don't get why you care about an acquaintance deleting you. I clean up my FB regularly!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• She avoided me at the last 2 events we were at and then deleted me off fb.
  • Maybe she is strugfling with IF too? Or a loss and shes hurting?
  • Maybe she doesn't like you. Maybe she doesn't like what you post? Do you post political stuff? Share every mommy blog article you read? Vague book?

What I'm saying is...it could be totally unrelated.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"