Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Drinking

So this is our first month TTC and I was wondering what you guys do as far as drinking.  I believe I O in the next 5 days or so.  I don't temp or use OPK though, so it is hard to say if that is accurate.  Tomorrow is a friend's bachorlette party which includes a winery and bar after.  Hence, lots of drinking. I don't want to turn out pregnant and then feel guilty for drinking, but I also don't want to get my period and feel like I didn't participate fully in the fun of my good friend's celebration night. I understand the chances of my conceiving for this cycle are slim because it usually takes couples at least 3 - 6 months of trying, another reason I'm conflicted.  What do you guys think???

Re: Drinking

• Options
    I drink til it's pink. I will already have to give up my delicious wine for 9 months when I do get pregnant, why would I give it up any sooner? A couple drinks at the very beginning of pregnancy will be totally fine.
  • Options
    Drink till it's pink!

Me-27 DH-29

TTC#1 January 2013

BFP February 27th 2014, MMC ended in D&C

Working on our rainbow!

Curious about my ute?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^ what they said.  I was paranoid about it too, but going on month 5 of ttc with nothing but bfn's, I'm totally in the drink til it's pink camp.

Especially if you will be doing this bachelorette party 4 days before you expect ovulation - I would think that's even safer as there is zero chance of you being pregnant.
    TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I believe in keeping it to one drink per episode in the TWW. That said, if you don't think you O'd yet, I would drink whatever you want.
  • Options
    Drink what you want or don't drink at all. Ultimately everyone will tell you conflicting information. It's what you feel comfortable wih that matters.
  • Options
    To add to this, the reason I keep it minimal in TWW is because I believe alcohol affects implantation. Alcohol doesn't pass to the baby until the placenta is in place. At that point, you will know you are PG. After the placenta is in place, any alcohol you drink directly goes to baby.
  • Options
    I'm drinking right now and I'm on cycle 16 TTC.

ME: 33  H: 32
    TTC Since 6/2013   Early Loss: 9/2013   MFI Diagnosis: 12/2014

imageimage

• Options
    I've never heard "drink till it's pink" but I LOVE IT.

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Sep14: 7DPO testing for short LP - low progesterone (4.9ng/mL)
    Sep14: DH SA - low motility (3-)
    Oct14:  repeat 7DPO testing - low progesterone (1.8ng/mL)
    Oct14: tv u/s with OB - "beautiful uterus," no cysts, offered Clomid, no thank you
    Current DX: weak ovulation/low progesterone with MFI
    Oct14: RE consult
    Oct14: CD3bloodwork - elevated AMH (5.1ng/mL)
    Nov14: HSG (all clear)
    IUI#1 Nov14: 5mg letrozole + IUI = bfn
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    I drink til it's pink. May I also advise that you drink your favorites. I made the mistake of drinking some nasty cheap red wine the night before my BFP with my son. I regretted that the whole nine months I was missing craft beer goodness.
  • Options
    I did too. Im currently being classy and drinking wine, in a pilsner glass, with ice. Im going to be drunk soon and want to play CAH. Thread hijack over. Op, do what they say. Drink all the wines.
    CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY is the besssssssst. We're having "finish the bottle" night at my brother-in-law's tomorrow night and I've already been asked to bring our set!

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Sep14: 7DPO testing for short LP - low progesterone (4.9ng/mL)
    Sep14: DH SA - low motility (3-)
    Oct14:  repeat 7DPO testing - low progesterone (1.8ng/mL)
    Oct14: tv u/s with OB - "beautiful uterus," no cysts, offered Clomid, no thank you
    Current DX: weak ovulation/low progesterone with MFI
    Oct14: RE consult
    Oct14: CD3bloodwork - elevated AMH (5.1ng/mL)
    Nov14: HSG (all clear)
    IUI#1 Nov14: 5mg letrozole + IUI = bfn
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    I just don't drink durning to Tww it makes it so much easier to see AF once you have obstained for 2 weeks and feel almost rewarded with a glass of wine or get a positve pee test ad. are so excited you don't care :)
  • Options
    Aw man. I thought this was a drinking game thread.

*cracks open second lime-a-rita*

The other day I worked from home and had a beer at 11am with my lunch. Now only do I believe in drink till it's pink. But I firmly uphold it's five o'clock somewhere all the time.

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • Options
    <--- had a great big blue moon in a frosty mug the night before a bfp. I abstained completely during pregnancy, baby was fine. If you are thinking about conceiving I would think you would have an idea when your period was due and know to slow down or stop drinking if it doesn't come. Enjoy yourself if you feel like it, sucks to live life in hypotheticals.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *note to self: I really need to buy CAH* we played it a few months ago and I keep forgetting to order it!

imageimage
    Me: 28 // DH: 26
    Paratubal Cyst & Endo (Removed 5/2014) // No Known Issues - Perfect SA 
    3 years ~ Trying for #1
    Proud parents of 2 fur-babies: Taylor (Boxer) & Clyde (Pitbull)

TTGP: September Siggy Challenge ~ Teen Crush : Mark Wahlberg
    "Even miracles take a little time" 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    The bigger blacker box expansion is pretty awesome
  • Options
    CAH FTW. The best is playing with my MIL and having to explain everything. Priceless.

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely drink til it's pink! My first 2WW I didn't drink and now I regret it... Haha.. Missed out on all the fun for nothing.. But as @DarcyHermione‌ mentioned, it's a personal choice.

animated gifs photo: TGIF unnamed-1.gif
  • Options
    CoffeeGirl27CoffeeGirl27 member
    edited August 2014
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    I've got every major CAH set and expansions. Plus the box and holiday cards. And the Canadian package.
    《---------- Not at all Canadian
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    CoPilot2012CoPilot2012 member
    edited August 2014
    Since I think I have to repeat... "Blah blah blah" The important part is "a toast: to you ladies!"

Edit: mobile sucks - damn gif, I give up
    May '15 Bitter Snatch
  • Options
    Did that really just post blank? Damn mobile!
    May '15 Bitter Snatch
  • Options
    It's a very personal decision. I came into this whole TTC process thinking that I would just stop drinking from the start to help everything along and that I'd just stick with it through the pregnancy (that would obviously happen right away, duh). That quickly changed to just taking it easier on the booze during TWW.

I've learned a great deal from the ladies on this board, and one of those things is that I should live my life in the now with no regrets. I am not currently pregnant, so I am currently drinking a delicious IPL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"