October 2014 Moms
Options

Anybody with high pulse and trouble breathing?

My doctor said it was normal @35 weeks but it gets to the point sometimes where I feel I'm gonna pass out, any body else have this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies I appreciate the support
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to put a call in for my ob
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't really introduced myself to the bump, I'm 29 this is will be my 4th LO, everybody seems real nice and helpful :-)
  • Options
    I have not experienced this myself but a friend of mine that just had a baby had these symptoms and they were concerned with her heart(not to scare you). Everything turned out fine but like everyone else is saying I would call ASAP!
  • Options
    How high is your pulse? A higher than average pulse is normal during pregnancy, but at a certain point it becomes dangerous.

Before my hyperthyroidism was diagnosed (completely not pregnancy related!!!) I had a resting heartrate of 114, severe chest pains, like my heart was trying to leap through my ribs, and dizziness. Symptoms like that are totally scary and I don't wish them upon anyone!

I'm glad you called your doctor. Hope all is well!!

imageimage
  • Options
    I have had dizzy spells and felt faint at times. I can feel my heart racing at times as well. I think it's normal and has to do with both hormones and the fact that your LO is squishing your organs. However, if it becomes concerning, I would definitely say call your doctor! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Emerald27 said:

How high is your pulse? A higher than average pulse is normal during pregnancy, but at a certain point it becomes dangerous.

Before my hyperthyroidism was diagnosed (completely not pregnancy related!!!) I had a resting heartrate of 114, severe chest pains, like my heart was trying to leap through my ribs, and dizziness. Symptoms like that are totally scary and I don't wish them upon anyone!

I'm glad you called your doctor. Hope all is well!!

• Options
    It was 120 per minute, but my bp was normal
  • Options
    Sarahjtm4 said:

It was 120 per minute, but my bp was normal

That's super high. Do you have an update for us? What did your doctor say?
    imageimage
  • Options
    I didn't have time to call my doc b4 work but they have a weekend number u can call, I will update
  • Options
    Sarahjtm4 said:

I didn't have time to call my doc b4 work but they have a weekend number u can call, I will update

This is my total non-MD opinion here, but if I were you, I would put my feet up, rest, and drink lots and lots of water while I was waiting on a call back from the on-call doc. Could be nothing, but take good care of yourself. Good luck!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"