Multiples

Chiropractor for hip pain while pregnant

Hey ladies!  I have sciatica pain and my right  leg goes numb when standing or walking for more than like ten minutes.  It wan't painful at first just super annoying.  Now that I am getting bigger my right hip is getting pretty bad. I am walking weird and it is now bothering me even when I lie down.  My OB says it is because of Baby's A position and that I can't really do anything about it.  She said I could try a chiropractor but it most likely wouldn't help.

Have any of you experienced this?  Did a chiropractor help at all? 
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Chiropractor for hip pain while pregnant

• I'm actually experiencing this right now with my singleton. Chances are mine is likely from diastasis recti and the lack of core strength from my twin pregnancy 2 years ago. I have been seeing my chiro and she recommended a back brace and gave me some stretches to help with the muscles. Chances are it's not going to make a huge difference, but I'm to the point of having trouble moving at all so I'm hoping it helps some. It's pretty much impossible to chase 22 month old toddlers when you can't move!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had sciatica pain earlier in the pregnancy (around week 14-16).  I've been going to acupuncture even before I was pregnant and kept going afterwards.  I told my acupuncturist about the pain after suffering through it for a couple weeks and after one session, it got significantly better and by 3rd day afterwards, it was gone.  Something you can try..

I started having some hip pain on my right if I sleep on that side and plan on bringing it up with her but I agree with your OB that it probably is the position of the baby and acupuncture or anything else might not fix that problem.
    6 failed IUIs, 1 laparoscopy = stage 3 endometriosis
    IVF in February a success!
    EDD with twins 10/29

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been seem my chiropractor, for hip pain and it's helped me tremendously! The thing with chiropractors is that you need to see them regularly not just one adjustment and your done. I say give it a try and see how you feel!
  • I see my chiropractor fairly regularly, even pre-pregnancy.  I have had some bad bouts of sciatica and it was the only thing that helped.  I saw my chiropractor for the first time since getting PG last week (I wanted to wait until 2nd tri) and will continue to see him throughout my pregnancy, I have heard and read a lot of good info on chiropractic care during pregnancy.  
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"